ADVERTISEMENT

What the Hell, Ticket Office

PURPLECAT88

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
I just got an email announcing an extension to the deadline for renewing season tickets. I've already renewed mine but that's fine. nothing wrong with extending the deadline. But here's the copy from the email:
SPECIAL OFFER

As a thank you for being a Loyal Wildcat Fan we are offering an extended Season Ticket Renewal Deadline.

Renue by Monday April 10 to retain your seats and benefits.

First of all, that's not a special offer. That's an extension of the regular offer. And second of all, that's not how you spell "renew". I mean, come on. At least make a minimal effort at competency.

I think I figured out the special offer. Renue can be a conjugation of the latin word renuo, meaning, amongst other nuances, "to decline", so perhaps if you decline the renewal by April 10 you will retain your seats?

I just got an email announcing an extension to the deadline for renewing season tickets. I've already renewed mine but that's fine. nothing wrong with extending the deadline. But here's the copy from the email:

First of all, that's not a special offer. That's an extension of the regular offer. And second of all, that's not how you spell "renew". I mean, come on. At least make a minimal effort at competency.
Any chance the error was intentional and to be read as reNUe for a crazy reason like those are the school initials?

Reactions: drewjin
They have a flaw in the parking lot prioritization too. I don’t want “Covered Lot” but there is no way I can exclude it from my list. Come on, man.

They have a flaw in the parking lot prioritization too. I don’t want “Covered Lot” but there is no way I can exclude it from my list. Come on, man.
Can we back out if that’s what we’re given? I have zero interest in the coveted lot. I live 5 minutes away. I only do parking for tailgates.

I had the same problem, so I called my ticket rep and bought the tickets through him and let him deal with the parking issue. I guess there is a way to exclude lots, but it is not clear to users.

Isn’t Kellogg supposed to be a great school for marketing and communications?

Coming off a 1-11 season with no meaningful signs of improvement and the overnight disappearance of hundreds of parking spaces...I've never envied the work of our ticket reps, but especially not this year.

One thing that was a little surprising was to see them make no mention (that I noticed) of it presumably being the final season at this version of Ryan Field...

Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT