ADVERTISEMENT

What Would Fitz' Next Job Be?

If Fitz were fired, what would his next job be?

• G5 Head Coach

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • FCS Head Coach

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Power 5 DC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • G5/FCS DC

• P5 Position Coach

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • G5 Position Coach

• NFL Position Coach

• Elite Power 5 Analyst/Rehab Camper

Votes: 18 66.7%

• Total voters

AdamOnFirst

Nov 29, 2021
Because it's kind of a hellscape around here in terms of discussion after that Iowa loss, here's a mildly provocative question I've been thinking about: IF Pat Fitzgerald were to be fired after this season, what is the next job he'd most likely end up at? Please note that this is a fictional question that assumes Fitz would get fired, not a discussion if that could or should happen. Please also assume that he wants to take a new job and/or has to take a new job for contract reasons and also that he wants to take the best job available to him (ie, not some semi retirement situation).

I ask the question because I wonder: what other job is he qualified for? If he actually qualified to be a DC or analyst somewhere? Would a Power 5 School have any interest in him for now? I'm curious what people think his alternative skillset actually is. A lot of his skills are particular to Northwestern specifically. I for one think he'd end up with a choice of a couple low end Power 5 position coach gigs (the right kind of program could be interested in bringing him in to recruit some LBs for them) or an FCS HC job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.