ADVERTISEMENT

When do we find out about our new OL coach?

yea, but I gotta roll with Corbi on this one. I mean, I'm sure the management side of football doesn't tell the players everything. If Fitz said anything to the contrary, it would build distrust. The players gave Cushing their best and although everyone knows it's a market, I would hardly think that Cushing or Fitz would have advised the players that Cushing already has another gig. Fitz is wise. To say anything else other than, "I wish Cushing the best and I certainly wasn't aware of him moving on" is a clear indication that he wasn't part of that process. In reality, I'm sure EIU had to request an interview with Cushings through Fitz/Phillips so, yea, he had to know.

... which just means that the surprise would have been the interview request, not the hiring.

You're just making things up in an attempt to drum up conflict.

Reactions: MotownMedilldo
yea, but I gotta roll with Corbi on this one. I mean, I'm sure the management side of football doesn't tell the players everything. If Fitz said anything to the contrary, it would build distrust. The players gave Cushing their best and although everyone knows it's a market, I would hardly think that Cushing or Fitz would have advised the players that Cushing already has another gig. Fitz is wise. To say anything else other than, "I wish Cushing the best and I certainly wasn't aware of him moving on" is a clear indication that he wasn't part of that process. In reality, I'm sure EIU had to request an interview with Cushings through Fitz/Phillips so, yea, he had to know.
Don't forget that EIU probably also asked for a recommendation from FItz

Don't forget that EIU probably also asked for a recommendation from FItz
Absolutely! Plus, Fitz knows those coaches good as well. Hell, Fitz probably encouraged it. To suggest that he was absolutely shocked just isn't correct but nobody can stop certain usual posters from flipping Fitz' 'coachspeak' into reality.

Huh? well, I guess nobody can stop you from pushing the narrative that Fitz was shocked.
Carry on!

Whose narrative being pushed and who's doing the pushing? You really think I have some kind of ongoing arrangement with the program to stick up for them on these boards, don't you?

Direct Tweet link here as well:

Still surprises me given the delay since announcing Cushing's departure, but you win here @corbi296 .

Direct Tweet link here as well:

Still surprises me given the delay since announcing Cushing's departure, but you win here @corbi296 .
Whittled through those 20 resumes pretty quick. I guess once you threw out all the personas of Turk it got pretty straight forward.

Kurt will be a busy man getting 3 new starters up to snuff and grooming their competitive depth. Probably the biggest area of concern in the off season.

Due diligence.

Plus it was a great opportunity for Fitz to get a hold of a bunch of resumes to plan for future changes, as he clearly stated. I think it's a smart approach.

>
Couldn't disagree more. The ability to coach the position and develop players is far more important with this hire that anything else. If we have a coach who develops a reputation for developing OL talent, the recruits will flock to him. If we have a great recruiter who eventually shows he can't develop the recruits, the well will eventually run dry.[/QUOTE <

IMO, NU has tried to develop OL talent already with good results. But in order to do better, NU needs better talent coming into the system. The on-field coaching skills Coach Kurt brings to the table are strong - he's already been to the pros because of the OL coaching skills - but I hope he's even better at recruiting.

Tactical coaching has never been a problem at NU... maybe save a certain DC...but can the coach recruit for NU? That is Coach Kurt's biggest challenge.

I miss the days when Pat Ward was just pushing people around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT