ADVERTISEMENT

When NU last hosted Nevada...

FeralFelidae

Sep 1, 2003
Announced attendance was 17,653. I think this season's attendance will give us a good idea of any progress we've made on the attendance front.

Probably had more to do with a, uh, less than stellar 2006 season.
After dropping their first two games to Western Michigan and FCS Illinois State, going into the Dook game 0-2, the 'Cats still had over 34,000 in attendance for that game.

I don't understand why 'Cats fans don't seem to want to admit that progress has been made on this front.

After dropping their first two games to Western Michigan and FCS Illinois State, going into the Dook game 0-2, the 'Cats still had over 34,000 in attendance for that game.

I don't understand why 'Cats fans don't seem to want to admit that progress has been made on this front.

In fairness, the Duke game was a night game and attendance has been very good for night games. But you're right, baseline attendance has improved quite a bit from ~10 years ago. Then we'd draw ~15-20k for no name opponents, now we draw ~25-30k for those kind of games.

In fairness, the Duke game was a night game and attendance has been very good for night games. But you're right, baseline attendance has improved quite a bit from ~10 years ago. Then we'd draw ~15-20k for no name opponents, now we draw ~25-30k for those kind of games.
Just think how much better the attendance would be if NU played some games on Friday nights, as opposed to Saturday games at 11AM.

Of course we have.

Pretty sure the Duke game was the first for which students were back on campus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT