ADVERTISEMENT

When will the Cats start focusing on Wisconsin instead of Iowa?

eastbaycat99

Mar 7, 2009
In another thread, an Iowa fan asked why the Hawkeyes were the Cats’ biggest rivals, and asked plaintively why NU wouldn’t focus on Wisconsin. The general response was to point out that the Cats have won 2 of 3 and the series was pretty much dead even going back even before the Golden year of 1995.
The question did make me wonder what NU’s record has been the last 20 years against its division opponents, and where there might be a lack of focus. Having lived through the Dark Ages, I as happy to see that in that time, the Cats are at least .500 against each team:

Wisconsin 7-7
Nebraska 5-5
Minnesota 9-8
Iowa 10-8
Purdue 10-7
Illinois 14-6

It would be nice to beat Wisconsin, Nebraska and Minnesota in 2021, as it would ensure winning records against all over a 20 year period ( Cats did not play Wisky or Huskers in 2001).

In another thread, an Iowa fan asked why the Hawkeyes were the Cats’ biggest rivals, and asked plaintively why NU wouldn’t focus on Wisconsin. The general response was to point out that the Cats have won 2 of 3 and the series was pretty much dead even going back even before the Golden year of 1995.
The question did make me wonder what NU’s record has been the last 20 years against its division opponents, and where there might be a lack of focus. Having lived through the Dark Ages, I as happy to see that in that time, the Cats are at least .500 against each team:

Wisconsin 7-7
Nebraska 5-5
Minnesota 9-8
Iowa 10-8
Purdue 10-7
Illinois 14-6

It would be nice to beat Wisconsin, Nebraska and Minnesota in 2021, as it would ensure winning records against all over a 20 year period ( Cats did not play Wisky or Huskers in 2001).
Morgan is back for Minnesota! Great qb! Likely solid team too

Wisconsin 7-7
Nebraska 5-5
Minnesota 9-8
Iowa 10-8
Purdue 10-7
Illinois 14-6

Credit to Fitz

Wisconsin 7-7
Nebraska 5-5
Minnesota 9-8
Iowa 10-8
Purdue 10-7
Illinois 14-6

The week we play WIS

Reactions: rmndcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT