• Total voters
"Or what I don't like. My main problems with those cities:

St. Louis - Cardinals and Blues
Detroit - Pistons and RedWings
Cleveland - Cavs and LeBron
Pittsburgh - Pirates

The cities of Green Bay, Minneapolis, suck too. And especially Columbus, OH"

The response I expected...(eye roll)

My most important criteria is playing against a "name" opponent. I want to see Oregon, USC, LSU, Georgia...you know, the teams that everyone just assumes are amazing every year. Even when they aren't as good as advertised. If we want to firmly get in the annual respect category, we need to beat one of those teams.

It's not bragging, it's calculated speculation (whether you choose to believe it is really neither here nor there) and the point is that when you insinuate that you make more of an effort to follow NU football, you're very likely wrong. But, making that assertion in the first place is just as idiotic as discussing financial situations.
Dude, I spent 4 years supporting NU football as a 2nd full time job making literally far less than minimum wage if I wasn't on "salary." I didn't do it for the money so that's no big deal, but really, someone that goes to a game or two a year and writes a check has nothing on me.

But good job having money. I hope it does change you.

Dude, I spent 4 years supporting NU football as a 2nd full time job making literally far less than minimum wage if I wasn't on "salary." I didn't do it for the money so that's no big deal, but really, someone that goes to a game or two a year and writes a check has nothing on me.

But good job having money. I hope it does change you.

Fine, you are a great supporter. Just don't question my support for the program with your snippy little comment. It was unwelcomed and uncalled for.

Now that we are solidly a "next tier" team...
Holiday Bowl of course playing a Pac12 team. NU fans would enjoy the Gaslamp Quarter and the beaches. It would be great exposure for the program recruiting in SoCal. Qualcomm is still a good venue for watching a football game, better than some of the stadiums I've seen the Cats play in bowl games. Great vacation spot and lots of attractions for the families to attend. Also some great craft beers in the area for the few of you who drink beer. Ballast Point just sold for 1 billion dollars so somebody must really like their suds.

Reactions: rmndcat
Tough to understand why anyone would want Tampa and the SEC over San Diego and the Pac-12, but I guess the allure of Busch Gardens is pretty strong for many of you......
Personally I think Florida sucks but not so much that I'd want to make a 6 hour cross country flight, plus layover, in midweek to see a game that starts at 1030 eastern

Fine, you are a great supporter. Just don't question my support for the program with your snippy little comment. It was unwelcomed and uncalled for.
Got you a magazine subscription.
internet-commenter_o_656249.jpg

I want an Access Bowl! Peach or Fiesta!

If a 9-3 Illinois team gets to go to the Rose Bowl, why should a 10-2 NU team settle for the Outback?

No more unwelcome or uncalled for than your snippy little comment to him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT