ADVERTISEMENT

Who else gets coverage like this?

Tip: Don't read the comments. Some shocking ignorance of the existence of walk-ons and the amount of work that is involved for the privilege of paying your own way.

He's getting blistered by some for stealing the roster spot and scholarship money from a better player who isn't a rich celebrity.

I have never met Charlie Hall. Doubtful that I ever will. But I am pretty confident in saying that he is a funny dude. Between some of the "interviews" he did during last year's run to the tourney and that "1" photo...good stuff. Got me laughing out loud.

My Charlie Hall story: This past spring, my daughter, a high school senior at the time, was trying to decide between NU and a few other excellent schools. She was on the verge of writing off NU because of her perception that it was "a bunch of nerds." Charlie texted my daughter out of the blue. Neither I nor my daughter had ever met him, but we both followed the March Madness run religiously, and so we knew of his TV exploits. A mutual connection had asked Charlie to make the pitch. He convinced her through a series of texts that NU students were "really cool and a lot of fun." Long story short, my daughter enrolled at NU, where she just finished her 1st quarter freshman year, and she loves it there. She has learned that it's all true: it's a bunch of nerds who are really cool and a lot of fun.

My Charlie Hall story: This past spring, my daughter, a high school senior at the time, was trying to decide between NU and a few other excellent schools. She was on the verge of writing off NU because of her perception that it was "a bunch of nerds." Charlie texted my daughter out of the blue. Neither I nor my daughter had ever met him, but we both followed the March Madness run religiously, and so we knew of his TV exploits. A mutual connection had asked Charlie to make the pitch. He convinced her through a series of texts that NU students were "really cool and a lot of fun." Long story short, my daughter enrolled at NU, where she just finished her 1st quarter freshman year, and she loves it there. She has learned that it's all true: it's a bunch of nerds who are really cool and a lot of fun.
Great story. Wishing your daughter much success in life.

Reactions: ParisCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT