ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the fairest wildcat prognosticator of them all?

Wrestlerneverdiesasacatfan

Feb 25, 2015
Folks, it's that time of the year again! Bragging rights are on the line! Name your top three teams for Big Ten East and West Division along with conference champ! Winner gets a hug from long departed Midvale Dave!

East
1. Michigan
2. Ohio State
3. Michigan State
4. Indiana
5. Penn State (bye bye Franklin)
6. Maryland
7. Rutgers

West
1. Northwestern
2. Iowa
3. Nebraska
4. Wisconsin
5. Minnesota
6. Illinois
7. Purdue (bye bye Hazel)

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
East
1. Michigan
2. Ohio State
3. Michigan State
4. Indiana
5. Penn State (bye bye Franklin)
6. Maryland
7. Rutgers

West
1. Northwestern
2. Iowa
3. Nebraska
4. Wisconsin
5. Minnesota
6. Illinois
7. Purdue (bye bye Hazel)

Not bad. Could actually happen. Except no way UoM tops OSU.

OSU
MSU
Michigan
State pen
Indiana
Maryland
Rutgers

Iowa
Northwestern
Nebraska
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Illinois
Purdue

Not bad. Could actually happen. Except no way UoM tops OSU.
I'm not sure about that. Last year OSU had an incredibly talented and uninspired team. A ton of guys left and I'm not convinced that they will have the winning edge this year. I think we will see a talented but inconsistent team in 2016 at OSU

Reactions: ColumbusCatFan1
I'm not sure about that. Last year OSU had an incredibly talented and uninspired team. A ton of guys left and I'm not convinced that they will have the winning edge this year. I think we will see a talented but inconsistent team in 2016 at OSU

1) TJ Barrett is better than any QB on the UoM roster.

2) Urban Meyer is a better coach than JH

3) ipso quod whatever

1) TJ Barrett is better than any QB on the UoM roster.

2) Urban Meyer is a better coach than JH

3) ipso quod whatever

There is no doubt that they should do well and Urban will do everything to build a great team but everyone has an off year and I think it possible for a malaise to fall upon a team. They coasted last year IMO. With all those guys drafted, why were they not National Champs two times in a row? Bad habits are hard to break and I'm hoping that OSU hasn't gotten over it's entitlement syndrome.

Reactions: ColumbusCatFan1
The last time OSU won a national championship it was with a team full of underclassmen.

There is no doubt that they should do well and Urban will do everything to build a great team but everyone has an off year and I think it possible for a malaise to fall upon a team. They coasted last year IMO. With all those guys drafted, why were they not National Champs two times in a row? Bad habits are hard to break and I'm hoping that OSU hasn't gotten over it's entitlement syndrome.

This is something I've noticed too and remember seeing during the very end of Urban's tenure at Florida. The guy is an elite recruiter and has a great football mind, but I wonder if his approach allows the players get a little too lax at times. He's never been anywhere longer than 6 years and that last year with the Gators was by far his weakest (I know there were a lot of non football issues).

It's hard to imagine him going anywhere anytime soon (he's born & bred Ohioan), but I wonder if he's got a bit of that Bill Parcells thing in him.

This is something I've noticed too and remember seeing during the very end of Urban's tenure at Florida. The guy is an elite recruiter and has a great football mind, but I wonder if his approach allows the players get a little too lax at times. He's never been anywhere longer than 6 years and that last year with the Gators was by far his weakest (I know there were a lot of non football issues). It's hard to imagine him going anywhere anytime soon (he's a born & bred Ohioan), but I wonder if he's got a bit of that Bill Parcells thing in him.

For those reasons I could see OSU losing two, even potentially three games.

Last edited:
East

1) Michigan
T2) Michigan State
T2) Ohio State
4) Indiana
5) Penn State
6) Maryland
7) Rutgers

West

1) Iowa
T2) Northwestern
T2) Nebraska
4) Wisconsin
5) Illinois
6) Minnesota
7) Purdue

West:
1. Iowa
2. Northwestern
3. Nebraska

(sorry, I would put NU up top, but Iowa has a huge advantage: of the big 3 in the East, they only play Michigan, and get them at home...NU must play Mich St and Ohio St, both away; that's too big an Iowa advantage to overcome, probably)

East:
1. Ohio St
2. Michigan
3. Mich St

Conference Champ: Ohio St

Team (losses)
1. Iowa 8-1 (Mich) 11-1
2. NU 6-3 (Iowa, MSU, OSU) 9-3
2. Nebraska 6-3 (OSU. NU, Iowa) 8-4 (Oregon)
4. Minnesota 4-5 (Iowa, Neb, NU, Wisc, Maryland) 6-6 (Ore St)
4. Wisconsin 4-5 (OSU, Mich, MSU, Neb, NU) 6-6 (LSU)
6. Illinois 2-7 (Mich, MSU, Iowa, NU, Neb, Minn, Wisc) 3-9 (N. Car, W. Mich)
7. Purdue 1-8 (beat Maryland) 3-9 (Cin)

1. Michigan 8-1 (OSU) 11-1
1. MSU 8-1 (Mich), 11-1
3. OSU 7-2 (MSU. IU), 10-2
4. Indiana 5-4 (NU, Neb, Mich, MSU), 8-4
5. PSU 3-6 (Minn, Iowa, Mich, MSU, OSU, IU) 4-8 (Pitt, Temple)
6. Rutgers 1-8 (beat Maryland) 3-9 (Wash)
6. Maryland 1-8 (beat Minn) 3-9 (UCF)

No one goes undefeated this year. Iowa carries west. Mich wins east despite loss to OSU. Mich beats Iowa twice and heads to playoffs. We have a good year but just came short.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT