ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the fastest player on the team?

Mr Wickerpark

Dec 28, 2016
I was told a LB who clocked a legit 4.5 is the fastest since the SV injury.
But i know that cant be right. I doubt we have a LB that quick and m sure we have some speed guys for Thorson. Didnt Lees run 4.4? Who is our outside speed guy that can push it downfield this year?

But i know that cant be right. I doubt we have a LB that quick and m sure we have some speed guys for Thorson. Didnt Lees run 4.4? Who is our outside speed guy that can push it downfield this year?

Someone is either very wrong or pulling your leg. However, I have no doubt that Hall is capable of running a legit 4.5.

Lees probably was a 4.4 guy, but had a hip injury and surgery himself. Outside guys will probably be Brown and Skowronek with the possibility that someone like Fessler steps up as well. They're not necessarily "speed guys" in the truest sense, but fast and big enough to be downfield threats to take the top off of defenses.

If you want the guys I think would be the fastest in a straight-line race, I would go with McShepard, Roberts, Moten, and possibly McGowan.

Jeremy Larkin looks awfully fast. Among the linebackers, I'd think Warren M. Long would win a foot race.

Unless he's gotten much faster since high school, Larkin is probably a 4.5 or 4.6 guy. Fast enough, but not a blazer.

Still think Hall would be able to outrun Long.

Jango as a Sophomore ran 4.58 at BMW combine, he also ran a 4.5 at OSU Camp as a Sophomore . he ran sub 4 second pro agilities He ran a 4.48 as a senior at IMG Academy. Here is a link so GoCatsGo doesn't claim BS.

http://247sports.com/Article/Best-Of-The-Midwest-Combine-All-Combine-Team-177906

Jango as a Sophomore ran 4.58 at BMW combine, he also ran a 4.5 at OSU Camp as a Sophomore . he ran sub 4 second pro agilities He ran a 4.48 as a senior at IMG Academy. Here is a link so GoCatsGo doesn't claim BS.

http://247sports.com/Article/Best-Of-The-Midwest-Combine-All-Combine-Team-177906

BULL$#!+!!!!

Really though, those are solid combine numbers. I wonder whether he will be able to keep in that range as he puts on weight from his 197 stated weight (yes yes, I know I will now hear about his latest testing numbers and weight, which I'm sure are as rosy as ever), but the most important factor is and always will be translating physical abilities onto the football field. Looking forward to watching Jango's first post-redshirt year as he gets the chance to do just that.

Reactions: CatsDad
BULL$#!+!!!!

Really though, those are solid combine numbers. I wonder whether he will be able to keep in that range as he puts on weight from his 197 stated weight (yes yes, I know I will now hear about his latest testing numbers and weight, which I'm sure are as rosy as ever), but the most important factor is and always will be translating physical abilities onto the football field. Looking forward to watching Jango's first post-redshirt year as he gets the chance to do just that.
He ran at 7 camps as a Sophomore and got 9 offers running his 4.5's. Jango is faster now at 225 than he was at 197, he is more explosive. Jango split time is much faster I would guess he is low to mid 4.5 I know the coached are impressed with his speed and agility. I am his summer roommate for the next six weeks at Northwestern. So he will be eating well and working hard in the gym and on the field.

He ran at 7 camps as a Sophomore and got 9 offers running his 4.5's. Jango is faster now at 225 than he was at 197, he is more explosive. Jango split time is much faster I would guess he is low to mid 4.5 I know the coached are impressed with his speed and agility. I am his summer roommate for the next six weeks at Northwestern. So he will be eating well and working hard in the gym and on the field.

You are going to enjoy that, I'd bet the house.

Reactions: CatsDad
Riley Lees ran a 4.4 at the NU camp as a sophomore. He was 15 years old. He did not have hip surgery. He had shoulder surgery. I'm from his hometown and I have heard rumors of his 40 time which was recorded by coaches and not kids. Won't even post here - doesn't matter but trust me, he is fast. Will be fun to watch. First post and last - just wanted to clear the record.

Riley Lees ran a 4.4 at the NU camp as a sophomore. He was 15 years old. He did not have hip surgery. He had shoulder surgery. I'm from his hometown and I have heard rumors of his 40 time which was recorded by coaches and not kids. Won't even post here - doesn't matter but trust me, he is fast. Will be fun to watch. First post and last - just wanted to clear the record.

I expect Lees to do very little in the OOC part of the schedule. After that we unleash him in a surprise attack against Ped State and we spring the upset. He most definitely can run.

Could have sworn it was a hip, but would be happy if it was shoulder. Kid had some of my favorite tape amongst recent recruits.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT