ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the fifth best player on the roster?

Who is the fifth best player currently on the roster?

• Luke Hunger

Votes: 34 59.6%
  • Blake Smith

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Jordan Clayton

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Justin Mullins

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Blake Barkley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Angelo Ciaravino

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • KJ Windham

• Gus Hurlbut/Other

• Total voters

SmellyCat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Since it looks like Berry, Nicholson, Barnhizer, and (hopefully) Martinelli are back, and there are no transfers in yet, who would you say is currently the fifth best player on the roster (assuming you think the four already mentioned are the top four)?

This is a tough call between Hunger and Smith. I went Hunger, but you could talk me into the other way. Both are playable on one side of the court and pretty non-playable on the other side.

I would really hope we see Clayton and Hunger in particular take big steps forward if you re-asked this question after a few games next year. Any further development from Smith is just a massive bonus.

So far it has been Blake Smith. Hope Hunger improves enough to become the 5th, but to me he is still a minus on both ends of the floor. There is a dynamic he can add to the offense stretching the floor but for now he misses too many easy looks at the rim and doesnt offer much as a passer.

I've got to go with Smith as well. Hunger showed flashes in the last few games and he gives it his all, but he was basically a liability on the court. Of course he can always turn that corner and be a great contributor next season, and that's what we're hoping, right? But this season past, I was much less concerned when Smith subbed in than when Hunger subbed in (or started).

Reactions: drewjin
Unfortunately, I missed the games where Smith made most of his seven shots in a row, so I have never seen him generate actual offense. Because...woof

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
I am most curious about the six votes (so far) for Angelo Ciaravino. For anyone who cast that vote, care to elaborate? Is it just you don't see much on the 2023-2024 roster, you think he'll be awesome, or somewhere in between? Would be great to get a true freshman making significant (and positive of course) contributions next year.

I am most curious about the six votes (so far) for Angelo Ciaravino. For anyone who cast that vote, care to elaborate? Is it just you don't see much on the 2023-2024 roster, you think he'll be awesome, or somewhere in between? Would be great to get a true freshman making significant (and positive of course) contributions next year.
I’m one of the guys who voted forAngelo Ciravano. He is Collins’ type of player. He was the Catholic league player on the year. He can play any position on the floor although in college it will probable be one through four. We saw him in some holiday deal up north and he made some absolutely sensational moves. I do not know if he will be the fifth best but he will see plenty of floor time. I also hear Windham will be good too. He has been a stalwart on the Indianapolis Ben Davis state championship team.

I’m one of the guys who voted forAngelo Ciravano. He is Collins’ type of player. He was the Catholic league player on the year. He can play any position on the floor although in college it will probable be one through four. We saw him in some holiday deal up north and he made some absolutely sensational moves. I do not know if he will be the fifth best but he will see plenty of floor time. I also hear Windham will be good too. He has been a stalwart on the Indianapolis Ben Davis state championship team.
That’s all well and good, but Hunger is better at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT