ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the Northwestern Sportsperson of the Year for 2023?

Who is the Northwestern Sportsperson of the Year for 2023?

• David Braun

Votes: 22 38.6%
  • Boo Buie

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Chris Collins

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Izzy Scane

Votes: 21 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We have some very worthy candidates this year.
How about KAH winning her 8th national championship at NU? In dominant form! Sounds like a very worthy candidate to me. Love what Braun achieved. Admire everything about him. But I would argue he’s a one hit wonder by comparison.

GOUNUII

People are forgetting that Chris Collins taking the team to the NCAA's last year was just about as big of a miracle as what Braun did.

National Coach of the Year award

Edited to add - in no way am I diminishing what Braun did.

I say, it's a dead heat tie for first place.

Last edited:
I'll vote Izzy Scane because I think a player should get this type of recognition, and the lacrosse team brought home the national championship with her as player of the year.

Returning to championship form for #8 after 11 years just proves that KAH and that program still have it to bring back more championships, so that's arguably the most impactful from just a pure winning perspective.

Obviously, we're fortunate that Braun, Collins, KAH, Fuchs are here and having magnificent seasons at the same time.

Izzy Scane is one of NUs all time greats. The LAX National championships matter Braun did well and overachieved at 8 -5 but the team had talent with the best receiver and DB group in a long time.

How about KAH winning her 8th national championship at NU? In dominant form! Sounds like a very worthy candidate to me. Love what Braun achieved. Admire everything about him. But I would argue he’s a one hit wonder by comparison.

GOUNUII
It’s not a lifetime achievement, it’s 2023. Braun did the most in terms of what he had to do with the program on and off the field. Collins had an outstanding year too but this unique situation you’ve got to give to Braun.

Reactions: drewjin
It’s not a lifetime achievement, it’s 2023. Braun did the most in terms of what he had to do with the program on and off the field. Collins had an outstanding year too but this unique situation you’ve got to give to Braun.
One could argue that Gragg is the sportsperson of the year. I’m surprised @lou v didn’t include him in the poll.

He allegedly gave CCC the ultimatum before the season, helped finish fundraising for the stadium, and also hired Braun.

One could argue that Gragg is the sportsperson of the year. I’m surprised @lou v didn’t include him in the poll.

He allegedly gave CCC the ultimatum before the season, helped finish fundraising for the stadium, and also hired Braun.
Okay, I’ll play the troll game. First, Gagg is not a “Sportsperson”, he’s a bureaucrat, and a bad one. His handling of the Fitz situation showcases his incompetence. His handling of the baseball situation deserves a pink slip. His handling of his relationship to the fans and donor base is a failure.

Happy New Year. Less trolling might be a good NY resolution.

Sportsperson of the Year has no single definition or defined criteria. KAH is a candidate for the national championship she achieved in 2023. And for recruiting and developing the 2023 national POY. Extraordinary achievements by an iconic figure in her sport.

The fact of her 7 national championships from more than a decade ago just adds to the luster of the sportsperson she was in the 2023 season.

So no. I didn’t nominate KAH for anything other than Sportsperson of the Year.

GOUNUII

Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT