epicbret

Jan 27, 2005
Receptions
Receiving TD
Sacks
TFL
INT

?

I can say I think Nagel leads in receptions, but otherwise its some tough projecting.

Receptions
Receiving TD
Sacks
TFL
INT

?

I can say I think Nagel leads in receptions, but otherwise its some tough projecting.

My guesses, which will invariably prove to be incorrect but I can't resist because I need me some NU/college football ASAP...

1) Nagel, but Brown and Dickerson should be close
2) Brown, though Nagel and Dickerson should be close
3) Gaziano, though I expect to see a handful of guys with 4.0-6.0 rather than a single guy clearly leading the team
4) I'll go a little off book and predict Paddy Fisher
5) Hartage, as I expect teams will be throwing away from Watkins by about halfway through the season

I
My guesses, which will invariably prove to be incorrect but I can't resist because I need me some NU/college football ASAP...

1) Nagel, but Brown and Dickerson should be close
2) Brown, though Nagel and Dickerson should be close
3) Gaziano, though I expect to see a handful of guys with 4.0-6.0 rather than a single guy clearly leading the team
4) I'll go a little off book and predict Paddy Fisher
5) Hartage, as I expect teams will be throwing away from Watkins by about halfway through the season
I will go with Hall on #4

Nice pick. I had the same thought.

Flirted with the idea, but it's tougher for the SAM to get consistent TFLs in Hank's scheme unless teams consistently run either bubbles or outside zone to the field. I think Hall is/will be one hell of a player and has NFL potential, but the scheme works against him in this one particular respect.

Receptions
Receiving TD
Sacks
TFL
INT

?

I'll go with Nagel, Brown, Gooden, Thompson and Quiero, respectively.

I'll go :

Macan
Ben Skow
Gaz
Hall
Kyle Q
I'd say:
1 Nagel
2 G Dickerson, followed by Brown
3 Not sure cause I've barely seen most of the DEs play
4 I like Hall to lead in tackles and TFLs
5 lots of good options here... I'll say an even tie between Godwin and Quiero at 4 each with Hartage at 3 and Watkins at 2

Reactions: epicbret
Flirted with the idea, but it's tougher for the SAM to get consistent TFLs in Hank's scheme unless teams consistently run either bubbles or outside zone to the field. I think Hall is/will be one hell of a player and has NFL potential, but the scheme works against him in this one particular respect.
I think he blitzes more is another reason I picked him. Paddy is a great player and young man, I hope you are right

Receptions - Nagel
Receiving TD - J. Brown
Sacks - Gaz
TFL - Fisher
INT - Watkins
Tackles - Godwin
? OL

I'll go with Nagel, Brown, Gooden, Thompson and Quiero, respectively.

It sounds like you're predicting a breakout season for Gooden. That would definitely be a boost after losing X.

It sounds like you're predicting a breakout season for Gooden. That would definitely be a boost after losing X.

With XWash likely out, I think Gooden will be relied on heavily, particularly in a pass rushing role on obvious passing downs. I think he can get us 8-10 sacks this year.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Receptions- Flynn Nagel- the dude is just quick and runs great routes. I see him with at least 60 and the next closest may be Macan-plays Wilson near 40. I think CT is able to spread around to many more receivers this year. Springer has to make sure they are as tough or tougher than they showed last year- use those hands boys!!

Receiving TD- Garret Dickerson- a matchup problem for most LBs, and Mick will be able to get him open (but I am secretly hoping a bigger threat like "Skronny" (Ben Skowronek) or Charlie Fessler emerges as a surprise and becomes a red zone weapon)

Sacks- Gaziano- I think he is a 1st team All Big 10-er and next year might be his last- his size and skills will have the NFL calling (a couple 9+ win seasons will also look good).

TFL- I agree with Papa Glackin that Nate Hall will be at the LOS a lot this year (due to scheme) and be in position to make the TFLs. Sleeper would be Warren Long if he wins the SAM spot or even if he splits time equally with Walsh (hope he stays healthy).

INT- Jared McGee... I know this may not be conventional, but here is my rationale. Teams will eventually be throwing away from Keith "Swat"-kins and last year's leader Montre Hartage on the outside. They will look to hit the seams and not get picked by the favorite leader Kyle Queiro, so that leaves the nickel corners like McGee. I see 4 being the lead as the INTs may be spread around.

Reactions: NUCat320
Receptions- Flynn Nagel- the dude is just quick and runs great routes. I see him with at least 60 and the next closest may be Macan-plays Wilson near 40. I think CT is able to spread around to many more receivers this year. Springer has to make sure they are as tough or tougher than they showed last year- use those hands boys!!

Receiving TD- Garret Dickerson- a matchup problem for most LBs, and Mick will be able to get him open (but I am secretly hoping a bigger threat like "Skronny" (Ben Skowronek) or Charlie Fessler emerges as a surprise and becomes a red zone weapon)

Sacks- Gaziano- I think he is a 1st team All Big 10-er and next year might be his last- his size and skills will have the NFL calling (a couple 9+ win seasons will also look good).

TFL- I agree with Papa Glackin that Nate Hall will be at the LOS a lot this year (due to scheme) and be in position to make the TFLs. Sleeper would be Warren Long if he wins the SAM spot or even if he splits time equally with Walsh (hope he stays healthy).

INT- Jared McGee... I know this may not be conventional, but here is my rationale. Teams will eventually be throwing away from Keith "Swat"-kins and last year's leader Montre Hartage on the outside. They will look to hit the seams and not get picked by the favorite leader Kyle Queiro, so that leaves the nickel corners like McGee. I see 4 being the lead as the INTs may be spread around.

McGee is not a nickel corner, he is our 3rd safety. You might be thinking of McShepard.

No I am aware, but in addition to McShepard, McGee can cover the slot over the top in nickel situations.

I am not intending to get into a spitting match, but I am aware how the nickel works. Let me explain again- I didn't mean as a one-on-one press corner in the slot. I meant as a nickel back (5th DB) covering a 3rd receiver or hook/curl area in a switch off. Since the Wildcats play a lot of cover 2 principles McGee is a good 3rd safety in a Nickel/Zone situation.

In addition, when they bring Godwin near the Front Seven and McGee rotates over top, he is a ball-hawking safety who will likely be overlooked (again) by opposing offenses and is a good pick to lead in picks (slight pun intended)

I used to be a D-Coordinator at high school level and ran a 4-2-5 concept- not bragging but wanted to bring some credibility to my insight. Take it for what you will :)

Love talking football and our Cats!!

I am not intending to get into a spitting match, but I am aware how the nickel works. Let me explain again- I didn't mean as a one-on-one press corner in the slot. I meant as a nickel back (5th DB) covering a 3rd receiver or hook/curl area in a switch off. Since the Wildcats play a lot of cover 2 principles McGee is a good 3rd safety in a Nickel/Zone situation.

In addition, when they bring Godwin near the Front Seven and McGee rotates over top, he is a ball-hawking safety who will likely be overlooked (again) by opposing offenses and is a good pick to lead in picks (slight pun intended)

I used to be a D-Coordinator at high school level and ran a 4-2-5 concept- not bragging but wanted to bring some credibility to my insight. Take it for what you will :)

Love talking football and our Cats!!

Hankwitz runs mostly cover-4, even with nickel personnel.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT