ADVERTISEMENT

Who recruits New Orleans?

I wanted to reach out on a prospect. Who should I contact.

I seriously do not know the answer. I am out of touch and in Florida. I do know that virtually every time we have a new commitment about the first person who announces it is Chris Bowers on Twitter. I believe his official title is director of player personnel. He seems to be very accessible and has a readily available email address. It might be a good place for you to start.

http://www.nusports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=305

I seriously do not know the answer. I am out of touch and in Florida. I do know that virtually every time we have a new commitment about the first person who announces it is Chris Bowers on Twitter. I believe his official title is director of player personnel. He seems to be very accessible and has a readily available email address. It might be a good place for you to start.

http://www.nusports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=305
Oops, I forgot to mention that you should probably email LouV and ask him that question. The dude has contacts

Pretty sure it's Bates.
Got to be sure it is through the proper channels so that the program does not violate rules. I did it a couple years ago but forgot who I needed to contact with the information

Good point, as I was unclear. No intention of me reaching out to a recruit, just met a dad of a top tier potential recruit in New Orleans and wanted to make sure NU staff was aware of him and pass along what I know

Good point, as I was unclear. No intention of me reaching out to a recruit, just met a dad of a top tier potential recruit in New Orleans and wanted to make sure NU staff was aware of him and pass along what I know

There is no issue if all you are doing is making Bates aware of this recruit. I am sure they are aware of him but it does not hurt to mention it.

Is it OK if I send a wad of cash and some NU paraphernalia to Thomas Booker?

I think the proven way to give cash is stuffing a book bag and leaving it for the recruit. Seems to work for Auburn, Ole Miss, and the rest of the SEC.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
I think the proven way to give cash is stuffing a book bag and leaving it for the recruit. Seems to work for Auburn, Ole Miss, and the rest of the SEC.
What do they use at da ohio st.? Bushel baskets?

Who was the Last NU player from the NOLA area? Last one I recall was a DT by the name of Nick Walker. He was on some of GB's first teams. Was a beast early on, then got injured IIRC.

Who was the Last NU player from the NOLA area? Last one I recall was a DT by the name of Nick Walker. He was on some of GB's first teams. Was a beast early on, then got injured IIRC.

Linebacker Collin Ellis is the last guy I can remember.

Collin Ellis (2010} and Zach Oliver (2011) were both from Baton Rouge, and Cooper Gerami (2009) from Lafayette were all from Louisiana, and current 2018 verbal recruit Jeremiah McDonald is from Slidell.

Thanks for the correction, FloridaAlum

Last edited:
Collin Ellis (2010} and Nate Oliver (2011) were both from Baton Rouge, and Cooper Gerami (2009) from Lafayette were all from Louisiana, and current 2018 verbal recruit Jeremiah McDonald is from Slidell.

Nate, no, Zack, yes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT