ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be the biggest surprise this upcoming season for the Wildcats?

Wrestlerneverdiesasacatfan

Feb 25, 2015
John Moten will have a breakout season! Kid is starting to see the holes opening up and has breakout speed. If Alviti gets some time in at QB, he will surprise folks as he is healthy now. Two headed horse will be difficult to beat as Alviti is faster and quicker than Clayton. Thorson will be first or second team All BT!

Riley Lees is my darkhorse to fill the AC hole due to AC's graduation. I saw RL play in high school for Libertyville his senior year. I really think this kid has a good chance to be a really special player for us. I really think he might be one of the best WRs to ever play for NU- DBates good.

Montre Hartage. I cheated a little having just read today's article from Inside NU. I didn't realize his story or quick development.. He should have a very good season this year.

Montre Hartage. I cheated a little having just read today's article from Inside NU. I didn't realize his story or quick development.. He should have a very good season this year.

Might want to think again if you're using InsideNU as your main source.

Reactions: NJCat
John Moten will have a breakout season! Kid is starting to see the holes opening up and has breakout speed. If Alviti gets some time in at QB, he will surprise folks as he is healthy now. Two headed horse will be difficult to beat as Alviti is faster and quicker than Clayton. Thorson will be first or second team All BT!

Jalen Brown. Will be All B1G after this season and our #1 WR.

Someone nearly forgotten: Jesse Brown. I remember his tapes, mostly Brown running away from the rest of the field.

Someone nearly forgotten: Jesse Brown. I remember his tapes, mostly Brown running away from the rest of the field.

Problem is the backfield is pretty darn crowded. He's clearly behind Jackson and Moten, plus spring ball reports made it seem like Larkin was running with the 1s while Moten was out with injury and Jackson was out because coaches don't need to see anything out of him.

There was a highlight posted on Inside NU of a few of his catches from this past season and I have a ton of other clips from games and practices, but I thought I would just share this - my favorite highlight of his from his final game as a Duck . . . lol, his first pass in a game since probably 6th grade when he switched to WR/S!

https://fbdownloader.info/videos/10154804452074706

He has a heck of an arm!!!!

I can see a reprise of the Colter-Siemian QB system coming this season!

Two-headed horse?????

My two-headed horse is Ben Skowronek.
Wrassler,

I did not think a two-headed horse could exist until I read your post, and then found this.

two-headed-horse-constipated.jpg

Judging from that picture, it doesn't seem like a two-headed horse ever gets anywhere. Maybe another metaphor is apropos?
I think he meant two-headed monster, which is employed in basketball parlance (more commonly three-headed) to refer to the capacity of backup centers to give fouls in the lane and force teams to shoot free throws, especially centers like Shaq.

However, a GIS of "two headed monster" got me this:

So, I don't know which one is Thorson, and which one is Alviti.

Reactions: NUCat320
Offense: Lloyd Yates
Defense: Paddy Fisher (maybe not to us, but surprising to those not following as closely)
Special Teams: Mason Weisenhoffer

Hartage too.

Based on e-mail just received from ticket office it appears biggest surprise might be demand for parking.

I think this will be the year where people will be surprised at the development of established starters into superstars. I think Clayton Thorson and Nate Hall will surprise a lot of people and become star players this year. Honorable mention goes to Keith Watkins. If he can stay healthy, watch out.

Reactions: MickeyCat
Washington will likely play this season after being suspended for a few games.

On offense: Sol Vaught. His transition to WR caused a little delay in him being the explosive offensive weapon that he is capable of. He will get the ball more on quicks and be the run threat after the catch that nobody else on the offense has the ability to be. He is the best athlete right now.

On defense: McGee. Of all the D backs his production per reps last season is pretty impressive. Solid tackler and showed some quickness as a ball hawk. Impressive size. Seems to have no hesitation to be a leader.

Reactions: MickeyCat
On offense: Sol Vaught. His transition to WR caused a little delay in him being the explosive offensive weapon that he is capable of. He will get the ball more on quicks and be the run threat after the catch that nobody else on the offense has the ability to be. He is the best athlete right now.

On defense: McGee. Of all the D backs his production per reps last season is pretty impressive. Solid tackler and showed some quickness as a ball hawk. Impressive size. Seems to have no hesitation to be a leader.

You mean Solomon Vault? good athlete but still hasn't proven he can break a tackle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT