ADVERTISEMENT

Why does Jim Harbaugh's wikipedia page take 53 minutes and 36 seconds for a normal reader to read?

Cat In The Cradle

May 29, 2014
There are more gigabites devoted to Harbaugh's football career than what George Washington did during the War of Independence or the activities Lincoln preoccupied himself with during the Civil War. The summaries of his annual performances in both college and the pros are ten times longer than comparable information you normally find about an entire TEAM. What a self-promoter. Wow!

There are more gigabites devoted to Harbaugh's football career than what George Washington did during the War of Independence or the activities Lincoln preoccupied himself with during the Civil War. The summaries of his annual performances in both college and the pros are ten times longer than comparable information you normally find about an entire TEAM. What a self-promoter. Wow!

It's not that long, and the Michigan entry seems rather accurate if you ask me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Harbaugh

I would very much doubt that Harbaugh or even a member of his staff penned his Wikipedia entry. My guess is that it has been embellished by loyal Standford, 49er and now Michigan fans over the years.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
I would very much doubt that Harbaugh or even a member of his staff penned his Wikipedia entry. My guess is that it has been embellished by loyal Standford, 49er and now Michigan fans over the years.

You really should read the Michigan section. The reference to Northwestern is extremely prescient.

University of Michigan (2015–present)[edit]

Harbaugh introduced as the head football coach at Michigan during half-time of a men's basketball game
On December 30, 2014, Harbaugh was introduced by the University of Michigan as the school's new head football coach.[111] On September 3, 2015, Harbaugh lost his first game as head coach of Michigan in a 24-17 road loss against Utah. It was the third time in his career he began a collegiate coaching stint with a loss. On September 12, 2015, Michigan won 35-7 against Oregon State, giving Harbaugh's first win with Michigan. On September 26, 2015, Harbaugh led Michigan to a 31-0 defeat over #22 ranked Brigham Young University, leading Michigan to move into #22 in the A.P. Top 25. This was Michigan's first appearance in the AP Top 25 since 2013. On October 3, 2015 Harbaugh lead the Wolverines to a 28-0 shutout win against the Maryland Terrapins, posting back to back shutouts for the first time in 15 years. [112] Harbaugh and his Michigan Wolverines faces next their greatest challenge of the season in a Northwestern University Wildcat team that has been enjoying a resurgence unlike anything since their magical run to the Roses in 1995. As good as Michigan's defense has been, the Wildcat defense has been better, posting the #1 scoring defense in the country and playing far higher competition (with the exception of Utah, to whom Michigan lost), including a powerful offense at Harbaugh's former school, Stanford. Harbaugh and his Wolverines are almost assuredly doomed to suffer their 2nd loss of the season in Ann Arbor when Northwestern visits on October 10th.

Last edited:
It's not that long, and the Michigan entry seems rather accurate if you ask me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Harbaugh

I've obviously exaggerating but it's longer than say, Mike Ditka, and the latter has had a longer playing and coaching career, not to mention lifetime accomplishments, than Harbaugh.

Compare his with Pat Fitzgerald's.

I guess his playing and coaching statistics cannot be embellished. As for the balance, who knows?

Last edited:

At least for recruiting purposes, I would think Harbaugh and his staff would have more than a disinterested disposition toward a consultative resource.

Oh, and after they erased my edits three times due to failure to cite reliable sources and after I kept on changing it back, they have now banned me from editing on Wikipedia. And it's bullshit, because the last time I included a link to InsideNU as a reference. Thanks a lot Jim Harbaugh you ****ing *******

October 2015[edit]
Hello, I'm Clpo13. I noticed that you made a change to an article, Jim Harbaugh, but you didn't provide a reliable source. It's been removed and archived in the page history for now, but if you'd like to include a citation and re-add it, please do so! If you need guidance on referencing, please see the referencing for beginners tutorial, or if you think I made a mistake, you can leave me a message on my talk page. Thank you. clpo13(talk) 08:52, 7 October 2015 (UTC)

If this is a shared IP address, and you did not make the edits, consider creating an account for yourself so you can avoid further irrelevant notices.
Please do not add or change content, as you did at Jim Harbaugh, without citing a reliable source. Please review the guidelines at Wikipedia:Citing sources and take this opportunity to add references to the article. Wikipedia is not the place for sports commentary. You may be more interested in alternative outlets for that. clpo13(talk) 08:56, 7 October 2015 (UTC)

If this is a shared IP address, and you did not make the edits, consider creating an account for yourself so you can avoid further irrelevant notices.
25px-Ambox_warning_pn.svg.png
Please stop adding unsourced content, as you did to Jim Harbaugh. This contravenes Wikipedia's policy on verifiability. If you continue to do so, you may be blocked from editing Wikipedia. clpo13(talk) 09:01, 7 October 2015 (UTC)

You have been blocked from editing for a period of 24h for abuse of editing privileges. Once the block has expired, you are welcome to make useful contributions. If you think there are good reasons why you should be unblocked, you may appeal this block by first reading the guide to appealing blocks, then adding the following text below this notice: {{unblock|reason=Your reason here ~~~~}}.
--Ymblanter (talk) 10:20, 7 October 2015 (UTC)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT