ADVERTISEMENT

Why NU May be pretty good this year

AwfulDayCat

Dec 7, 2018
Hazing is a disease. It absolutely eats away at team unity. Many newly hired HCs notice a hazing culture when they step into a program that has had losing seasons (not saying Fitz should have known, I’ll leave that up to others). The players, the coaches and the university lost a mentor that they loved. The current team, including coaches and staff, will take ownership of that. They have to.
As we have always heard, it’s how you respond. They will respond with vigor. The hazers, whoever they are, will be weeded out. Leaders will emerge from the players and coaches who will make sure that hazing will not be take place anywhere near an NU player. Those with great character will emerge and lead on and off the field.
I don’t expect a BigTen champion this year, but I do expect a team that will play to its capabilities unlike the last 2 years.

Hazing is a disease. It absolutely eats away at team unity. Many newly hired HCs notice a hazing culture when they step into a program that has had losing seasons (not saying Fitz should have known, I’ll leave that up to others). The players, the coaches and the university lost a mentor that they loved. The current team, including coaches and staff, will take ownership of that. They have to.
As we have always heard, it’s how you respond. They will respond with vigor. The hazers, whoever they are, will be weeded out. Leaders will emerge from the players and coaches who will make sure that hazing will not be take place anywhere near an NU player. Those with great character will emerge and lead on and off the field.
I don’t expect a BigTen champion this year, but I do expect a team that will play to its capabilities unlike the last 2 years.
Maybe we can get this guy. Only had to change one word.

I think we will go 1-11, but that's what I thought prior to Bryant's transfer so I only had a few weeks of hope.

Reactions: rmndcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT