ADVERTISEMENT

Will Fitz Follow Harbaugh’s Example?

From an Athletic article how Harbaugh reacted to the disastrous 2-4 ‘20 season:

It started with Harbaugh hiring a more energetic staff in 2021, including six new assistants.
Is this a serious question?

It's more likely that Fitz donates 100% of his salary this year to the new stadium build.

If ONE person gets fired, I will be stunned.

"This season is on me, the head coach." - approximate Fitz quote at the end of the season when no changes are made

Is this a serious question?

It's more likely that Fitz donates 100% of his salary this year to the new stadium build.

If ONE person gets fired, I will be stunned.

"This season is on me, the head coach." - approximate Fitz quote at the end of the season when no changes are made
Yes, a serious question. He finally made the change with McCall. So history shows that he will make changes even if he feels they are unpleasant.

And after so far two consecutive disastrous seasons there is hope, expectation that he will also address the necessary changes after this season.

Of course only time will tell.

Yes, a serious question. He finally made the change with McCall. So history shows that he will make changes even if he feels they are unpleasant.

And after so far two consecutive disastrous seasons there is hope, expectation that he will also address the necessary changes after this season.

He will not make the change because he understands that he is the reason. Bajakian and McCall are/were both shackled with Fitz’s outdated philosophy of how to play offense. Fitz feels bad about firing someone when it’s primarily due to his own problems. Which is why McCall lasted here so long despite churning out bottom tier offenses for years.

Reactions: Sheffielder
He will not make the change because he understands that he is the reason. Bajakian and McCall are/were both shackled with Fitz’s outdated philosophy of how to play offense. Fitz feels bad about firing someone when it’s primarily due to his own problems. Which is why McCall lasted here so long despite churning out bottom tier offenses for years.
That's the offense. What about the defense?

Didn't mean for that to sound aggressive @fcmchi - but in all seriousness look at how long it took for him to sent McCall packing...and I bet he didn't consider Mick a bro like he does these two and most of his position coaches.

I don't mean to misuse the word "hopeless" but that's how I feel about our current situation. We just need to actually hope we luck out on a few from the transfer portal who know how to play through the coaching. And then Fitz looks at 4-8 as "steady improvement" and by the time the new stadium is open we can make the Quick Lane Bowl, possibly.

And by then it's just a question of whether 35,000 was actually too big.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Didn't mean for that to sound aggressive @fcmchi - but in all seriousness look at how long it took for him to sent McCall packing...and I bet he didn't consider Mick a bro like he does these two and most of his position coaches.

I don't mean to misuse the word "hopeless" but that's how I feel about our current situation. We just need to actually hope we luck out on a few from the transfer portal who know how to play through the coaching. And then Fitz looks at 4-8 as "steady improvement" and by the time the new stadium is open we can make the Quick Lane Bowl, possibly.

And by then it's just a question of whether 35,000 was actually too big.
Sheff, I took no offense, it was a valid response given the last two years. But Fitz did jettison Mc Call after only one losing season in spite of a string of bowl games including the ‘18 Big Ten Championship.
game.

So based on that I think, trust, pray he will realize the product on the field needs drastic changes that start with the coaches.

How can I e-mail him the entire Athletic article?

• Haha
Reactions: IGNORE2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT