ADVERTISEMENT

Will proposed new recruiting rules change the landscape for NU.

Purple Pile Driver

Gold Member
May 14, 2014
Anywhere but the Rant Board
The one proposed rule change that really interests me is the one allowing official visits before the recruit starts his Senior year of HS. Fitz often says if we get him on campus we have a decent shot. Seems to me this rule could be a big win for NU. We have seen an increased emphasis on states like Texas and Georgia. It is not feasible for many of these youngsters to make unofficial visits due to costs. Having recruits on the lakefront in June -August is better than December!

We have 11 offers out to Texas this year and I'm sure more will follow. Illinois has 9 offers and this is an unusually deep set of qualified candidates for NU. Our third highest state is the usually strong Ohio with just 4 and 2 of them seem to have very little interest. Our offers seem to be a little slower this year. I wonder if the staff is preparing for more offers outside of the typical Midwest footprint and will pounce on some kids that show interest that normally wouldn't normally be able to make the trek to Evanston for an unofficial.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT