ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin recruiting

jensberg

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2006
247 just came out with their revised top recruits ranking for 2021 and Wisconsin has 6 in the top 247 including 3 in their top 100.

Apparently, there are many more good players who can actually read and write now and can get past admissions.
I think this trend is helping your recruiting also.
Everyone thought Chryst’s biggest problem would be recruiting, he’s not a great speaker or dynamic personality but surprisingly the kids and parents especially seem to like and trust him.
Last two classes have been great, remains to be seen if he can do it again because now, things like early playing time for top players might not be on the board anymore.
I mean if you are a four star HS OT, you aren’t playing at OT until year three, if you want to play early, maybe you can still move inside but that is getting tenuous also.
Yes, they wait their turn at tOSU , Clemson and Alabama, will they wait at UW?
Remains to be seen.

Reactions: badger-007
Recruits who think they are good enough to eventually get to the NFL as OL will always consider Whisky due to their track record of developing and putting linemen in the NFL. Same with Io_a. This would counter the impatience for waiting their turn.

Recruits who think they are good enough to eventually get to the NFL as OL will always consider Whisky due to their track record of developing and putting linemen in the NFL. Same with Io_a. This would counter the impatience for waiting their turn.
Badgers are recruiting a bunch of 4-5 star Instate OLs in next class, hope you are correct, hate to lose Instate OLs.

Reactions: badger-007
Apparently, there are many more good players who can actually read and write now and can get past admissions.
Everyone thought Chryst’s biggest problem would be recruiting, he’s not a great speaker or dynamic personality but surprisingly the kids and parents especially seem to like and trust him.
Last two classes have been great, remains to be seen if he can do it again because now, things like early playing time for top players might not be on the board anymore.
I mean if you are a four star HS OT, you aren’t playing at OT until year three, if you want to play early, maybe you can still move inside but that is getting tenuous also.
Remains to be seen.
They might not have to wait as long at OSU cause so many go pro early

Remains to be seen.

Winning a shitload of games tends to help with recruiting.

Winning a shitload of games tends to help with recruiting.

Wisky has been winning a sh!#load of games for a while now.

Chryst has been improving the recruiting at Madison, esp. at the skill positions - which is exactly what they need to do to take the next step.

Fitz and Co. need to continue to improve recruiting at the O-line and start getting some game-breaking pass catchers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT