ADVERTISEMENT

WNIT bracket

looks like the 4th game is today

NU plays James Madison - April 3rd - 7:00 pm at JMU

TCU plays the winner of Arizona and Wyoming

https://www.womensnit.com/tournaments/brackets/index.aspx?bracket_id=87
Common opponents:

JMU beat Dayton by 13 (NU won by 23)
JMU lost to Maryland by 24 (NU lost by 15)

JMU have played all their NIT games at home. Seems a little bit unfair......

Should be a pretty even battle. NU have played a much harder schedule and hopefully that pays dividends in the 4th quarter.

Reactions: drewjin
Was hoping it would be Gerogetown, a far easier matchup, but c'est la vie. JMU is 18-0 at home, this will be a tough one!

Was hoping it would be Gerogetown, a far easier matchup, but c'est la vie. JMU is 18-0 at home, this will be a tough one!
Agree it will be a battle.

But, if JMU was all that hot stuff, they'd be in the NCAA not the NIT. I think the gap between the Power conferences and the rest is much bigger in Women's hoops than Men's. Heck the gap between the top 5 or 6 teams in the Women's top 25 and the rest of the Top 25 is huge.

Not saying that NU will definitely win, but I think the 18-0 record is a bit misleading because of the competition JMU played at home.

Agree it will be a battle.

But, if JMU was all that hot stuff, they'd be in the NCAA not the NIT. I think the gap between the Power conferences and the rest is much bigger in Women's hoops than Men's. Heck the gap between the top 5 or 6 teams in the Women's top 25 and the rest of the Top 25 is huge.

Not saying that NU will definitely win, but I think the 18-0 record is a bit misleading because of the competition JMU played at home.
Agreed. Was just making the poibt that I would have much rather played Georgetown, who had already lost to JMU during the regular season, than a team with decent size that is undefeated at home. But we already beat what was probably the best team in the tournament (West Virgknia) so this is indeed quite feasible, regardless of their home record.

Reactions: NJCat
Agreed. Was just making the poibt that I would have much rather played Georgetown, who had already lost to JMU during the regular season, than a team with decent size that is undefeated at home. But we already beat what was probably the best team in the tournament (West Virgknia) so this is indeed quite feasible, regardless of their home record.
Mike, given that you follow WBB more than anyone on this board, why do you think the B1G isn't as successful on the national stage as they are in MBB? The past decade seems to have been ruled by UConn, ND, Baylor, South Carolina.....the best of the B1G just haven't figured in the Finals. Seems odd that at least one B1G team hasn't been up there. MD and OSU have had moments but nothing like the above list of teams.

Mike, given that you follow WBB more than anyone on this board, why do you think the B1G isn't as successful on the national stage as they are in MBB? The past decade seems to have been ruled by UConn, ND, Baylor, South Carolina.....the best of the B1G just haven't figured in the Finals. Seems odd that at least one B1G team hasn't been up there. MD and OSU have had moments but nothing like the above list of teams.
Iowa is still alive...no?

Regardless, the reason, imo, is that the women's game has traditionally been very top-heavy, with the top team way better than everyone else, and the next three way better than the rest. The gap between the best and worst team in most non-BIG conferences can be as much as 60 points! The BIG has always been much more balanced, but that doesn't help come final four time. Fortunately, however, things appear to be changkng...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT