ADVERTISEMENT

Would NU have won this game with Fitz?

An apology is warranted to Mick McCall. It wasn’t he who sucked but the entire ecosystem around the offensive side of the ball.
Yeah, he really had one real crappy season in '19 and was made the scapegoat for it. Hankwitz was the real heart and soul of the team, but McCall at least ran an offense that was functional and could score. The s#@&show we have had after his dismissal has been downright embarrassing, with the exception of 2020.

Reactions: drewjin
^ Which is why it's imperative for the program to hire a HC who can run one side of the ball (preferably O).

Asking too much for a CEO type HC to make good hires at both coordinator spots time and time again, much less once (Fitz wasn't able to do that).

Wouldn't say JON was a questionable hire, it was a disaster in the making from the start.

After already having 2 poor experiences with the read & react crap, Fitz decides to go for a 3rd round?

That's just ineptitude.
I feel like this is a hugely underrated point.

Having to hit on both DC and OC feels like such a huge ask at this point when both sides of the ball have been Dark Ages level of bad the past 2 years. At least an HC that's an "expert" at one side makes it easier on one side of the equation.

As much as I wish the hazing stuff had never happened and Fitz had been HC, it just feels as if we'd be going through years of coaching changes to overhaul the whole program if he was still HC. Bajakian and 2-3 other assistants would be on their way out after this year if these results don't change.

Outside of our draft success, we've just been uncompetitive at every level the past 2 years and potentially another year this year and I don't see how Fitz at HC would change that.

I'm basically at the point of "just bring in some outsider with an entirely new staff"...; and try to keep our newest hires around if the next coach would want that.

Last edited:
An apology is warranted to Mick McCall. It wasn’t he who sucked but the entire ecosystem around the offensive side of the ball.

He sucked too.

Apologies to Mike Dunbar for any hair pulling and hand wringing back in the day when we were scoring 30-40 points. We didn’t know how good we had it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT