ADVERTISEMENT

Wow, is this board dead.

The free board when active quite literally brings in subs to the paid board. You aren’t going to have many people see a dead free board and pay for the rock. You also might deter people from going on by constantly bashing the free board. I lurked for multiple years and posted on the free board before pulling the trigger. Also stop caring how people spend their money. The free board exists for a reason.

The rock has better information and some that never comes out but some people don’t value that and just want a place to talk with fellow NU fans. The more active and friendly the free board the more likely lurkers will start posting and a percentage of those will join the Rock. The more active and friendly it is will also draw more people in. Imagine if this is someone’s first time visting the site and this is the first thread they click on. So let’s just all please get along and try to keep this board welcoming and active so we have a place to talk NU sports.

Thanks. I appreciate your perspective. I’ll take your suggestion to heart.

Reactions: ThatkidfromHolland
Not sure why you’re so angry. What’s the issue?
Where did I say I was angry? I'm laughing throughout.

I'm just pointing out your wild behavior. Your original post about others being selfish and disrespectful for not joining another board couldn't be more selfish and disrespectful.

But then your hilarious pun made me realize, no, you are right, we all should be like you.

Where did I say I was angry? I'm laughing throughout.

I'm just pointing out your wild behavior. Your original post about others being selfish and disrespectful for not joining another board couldn't be more selfish and disrespectful.

But then your hilarious pun made me realize, no, you are right, we all should be like you.

Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

If you're heavily invested in and passionate about something, you tend to get frustrated with others when they use that "something" and not chip in to enhance it.

If you're heavily invested in and passionate about something, you tend to get frustrated with others when they use that "something" and not chip in to enhance it.
I feel that way about TrueNU.

I'm gonna keep doing this until Cappy tells me to stop

Enhancements like taking away the Rant Board?

"Enhance" is a verb. Did you ask to help with moderating the boards or support the boards financially? Please don't tell me your rights were violated. You have no rights here.
The members effectively killed the Rant Board. Why should moderators waste time wrangling assholes when they're paid nothing?

Last edited:
Were your rights violated? You have no rights here. Did you ask to help with moderating the boards? The members effectively killed the Rant Board. Why should moderators waste time wrangling assholes when they're paid nothing?
Was there an application for moderators at the time that I missed?

Reactions: IGNORE2
There was a need for more moderators. It struck me as odd that you asked, but I don't know how much that was made known on the boards.

The free board when active quite literally brings in subs to the paid board. You aren’t going to have many people see a dead free board and pay for the rock. You also might deter people from going on by constantly bashing the free board. I lurked for multiple years and posted on the free board before pulling the trigger. Also stop caring how people spend their money. The free board exists for a reason.

The rock has better information and some that never comes out but some people don’t value that and just want a place to talk with fellow NU fans. The more active and friendly the free board the more likely lurkers will start posting and a percentage of those will join the Rock. The more active and friendly it is will also draw more people in. Imagine if this is someone’s first time visting the site and this is the first thread they click on. So let’s just all please get along and try to keep this board welcoming and active so we have a place to talk NU sports.
A very good point. The free board, which is monetized through advertising (like all of Rivals free sites) has it's benefits.

Coming from my experience as a former employee of Rivals parent co. and years in the digital / tech space, I'm confident that Wildcat Report's contribution to the Rival's topline / bottom line is probably pretty nominal. And likewise is the economic benefit of Rivals to Yahoo!, which has been majority controlled by Apollo Global Management (a PE fund) since their acquisition of the Verizon Media Group back in 2021.

Pointing out the likely relative scale of Wildcat Report within the parent co. dynamic isn't meant to be a dig at Lou and Matt - quite the contrary. Their excellent work is testament to the fact that they're probably over delivering for we the users against the budget that I guess they have to work with.

Me personally? I like both boards.

"Enhance" is a verb. Did you ask to help with moderating the boards or support the boards financially? Please don't tell me your rights were violated. You have no rights here.
The members effectively killed the Rant Board. Why should moderators waste time wrangling assholes when they're paid nothing?
Why should members subscribe for something more when they are happy with what they get for free?

I would subscribe and at a higher rate if the brought the rant back and placed it behind the paid wall. Bet it wouldn’t be as volatile either 🤷‍♂️

There was a need for more moderators. It struck me as odd that you asked, but I don't know how much that was made known on the boards.
I volunteered. And was expectantly denied. Meh. More time to post instead :)

Why should members subscribe for something more when they are happy with what they get for free?

I would subscribe and at a higher rate if the brought the rant back and placed it behind the paid wall. Bet it wouldn’t be as volatile either 🤷‍♂️
No, you'ld be there.

Are Lou and Matt paid based on the number of paid subscribers? I’d be more inclined to subscribe if I knew that they would benefit rather than rivals.

Can you explain how they’re compensated for their efforts?
I won't share the exact details, I have to maintain some of our mystique, but I can tell you that we share directly in the money from subscriptions and that is the significant bulk of what makes this site run.

I will also say, to paraphrase Blues Brothers, we want to have both kinds of message boards: premium and free.

We take great pride in the content we're able to bring on the site for premium subscribers. It's a very exciting time for both programs, on the field, on the court and on the recruiting trail, and we want to bring you as much exclusive coverage of that as we can.

It is true, as @LACatFan pointed out, that I don't have a direct line to Apollo Globe Management executives, but we would still love to have as many people subscribe as possible.

We also know for various reasons that's not always going to be everyone. We still want to make sure any visit to WildcatReport is a good visit to WildcatReport, whether it's the paid board or the free board, whether you're posting or reading. We hope that we provide enough free content in terms of game coverage, press conferences, player or coaching profiles, and game threads to make that a possibility.

Between the poll tax to enter The Rock and the literacy tests being proposed for the FloridAlum board, things at WR are getting downright unconstitutional.

What’s next? Banning our free practice of Braunastrianism?

Between the poll tax to enter The Rock and the literacy tests being proposed for the FloridAlum board, things at WR are getting downright unconstitutional.

Season 15 Television GIF by The Simpsons

Reactions: IGNORE2

Filtration and homogenization to remove the curds and turds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT