ADVERTISEMENT

Wow! NIU upsets ND

I'm still trying to figure out the ball spot call as well
The Huskies clearly made enough yardage I thought on the 3rd down to make the 1st down.
That would have enabled them to run down the clock, force ND to use their last time out and potentially get a closer shot at the go-ahead fg. Good thing they made the fg from longer range but it also enabled the Irish to run their offense. The spot was definitely short, but it worked out in the end with the fg. Good win for the Huskies!

I'm still trying to figure out the ball spot call as well
It was easy to figure it out - the game was in South Bend! The failure to call holding on one of ND's last plays was equally mystifying. The zebras did all they could on behalf of the Irish, but it wasn't enough.

Huge upset. NIU got screwed on field position on a 3rd down spot on their last drive but kicked the fg to take the lead late in the game. ND tried a 62yd fg with 5 seconds left that was blocked. Nice win for the underdog to take down the Irish.
You’re welcome, WildcatReport faithful.

I put the Smell of Falsehoods on the Notre Dame:

AKA the strong stenchy stink of a CatManTruth.

Peeeeeeee yooooooo! Go Irish Go! ☘️ 🤮 😂

Not a big fan of BGSU but I'm less of a fan of Penn State. I would've been happier of BGSU pulled it off.
I'm from Toledo, wife is a grad, in laws STHs. I LOATHE BGSUCKS. Any temporary distress to PSU would be overwhelmed by the notoriety that BGSUCKS would get for years in NW Ohio.

Reference, the Toledo Blade (newspaper) is full of BGSUCKS grads who give equal ink even though nobody is an actual fan. Back when I lived there and they beat our broken-down 2001 team near the end of the season, they leaned on that in the Blade for years that BGSUCKS had beaten "defending B1G champion Northwestern". Heck, they might still do it, I moved in 07.

Also they beat us in the bowl although we had like 500 yards rushing

I'm from Toledo, wife is a grad, in laws STHs. I LOATHE BGSUCKS. Any temporary distress to PSU would be overwhelmed by the notoriety that BGSUCKS would get for years in NW Ohio.

Reference, the Toledo Blade (newspaper) is full of BGSUCKS grads who give equal ink even though nobody is an actual fan. Back when I lived there and they beat our broken-down 2001 team near the end of the season, they leaned on that in the Blade for years that BGSUCKS had beaten "defending B1G champion Northwestern". Heck, they might still do it, I moved in 07.

Also they beat us in the bowl although we had like 500 yards rushing
I have mentioned I grew up south of Toledo down the I-75 in Lima and spent time at BGSU attending high school basketball tournament games growing up. A lot of my high school classmates are BGSU grads. I know Lima and a lot of the smaller Ohio industrial towns have lost population over the years as the industrial base in the Midwest has receded. I’m wondering how some of the state schools like Bowling Green are managing to survive with the population decline as well as the score of small religious-based schools peppered around the state. Never was a fan of BGSU growing up, I did enjoy watching the Dayton Flyers basketball teams.

The most interesting thing about this game was that NIU played better and deserved to win. They out gained the Irish by over 100 yards This was no fluke, and they did it as 28 point dogs in South Bend. I remember something similar in 1995. Rod Heard got in occasionally. He should have stayed at NU.

Huge upset. NIU got screwed on field position on a 3rd down spot on their last drive but kicked the fg to take the lead late in the game. ND tried a 62yd fg with 5 seconds left that was blocked. Nice win for the underdog to take down the Irish.
Always like to see that arrogant bunch go down

I was halfway watching in the afternoon yesterday. Big Ten game. Iowa-Iowa State. (!!) Flipped ND off after the second-half touchdown. “Okay, now the big guys are showing up.” Got it back on in time for the late conversion and the final kick. And Hammock’s interview.

Sports is cool.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT