ADVERTISEMENT

wow, zero respect from wadley

1830sherman

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
...this from a guy who was pretty much stuffed by the D all day.

“I don’t have the answer right this second,” Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz said of an unusually anemic Iowa ground game that churned out 53 yards in the first quarter and a mere 36 after that, averaging 1.8 yards per attempt in that span.

“I can’t pinpoint it,” Hawkeye tailback Akrum Wadley said when asked the same question. “We shouldn’t be losing like this, especially to that team. … It’s embarrassing.”

des moines register story

“I don’t have the answer right this second,” Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz said of an unusually anemic Iowa ground game that churned out 53 yards in the first quarter and a mere 36 after that, averaging 1.8 yards per attempt in that span.

“I can’t pinpoint it,” Hawkeye tailback Akrum Wadley said when asked the same question. “We shouldn’t be losing like this, especially to that team. … It’s embarrassing.”

Wadley is a sore loser, and just another running back shut down by Hank's D. Good luck to the rest of Io_a's squad in getting to a bowl game.

Reactions: Fitz51

It's pretty easy to pinpoint. Their O Line is average at best and much weaker than typical. Plus our D is pretty darn good, especially against the run. Note to Akrum, you lost to NU last year too.

Maybe it's a sign of respect that he refused to name us. Like the Woody Hayes reference to "that team up North."

/s

Reactions: Alaskawildkat

This is a real head scratcher. Let’s recap the facts. He faces an Iowa defense each week in practice that gave up 211 rushing yards (305 including receiving) to Barkley. My guess is he runs wild in those practices. So his confidence has to be off the charts.

The NU defense held Barkley to 75 rushing yards (with 53 of those yards coming on one referee induced run), and 84 yards including receiving.We also held Jonathan Taylor, probably a top 5 back in the country to 80 yards. One of only two games he’s been under 100- the other being his first collegiate game against Utah State where he only had 9 carries and averaged over 9 yards a carry. So, this NU run defense might be kind of good.

The only explanation I have is Wadley doesn’t look at any tape and didn’t know anything about this NU defense. That’s all I got. If that’s not it, then he’s just being a crybaby sore loser. So either ignorant or crybaby is the conclusion. Both great qualities either way.

What an idiot. We beat his ass last year too.

Beating Ioa is expected for us. Why is it also a surprise to anyone that we shut down their running game? Saquon Barkley was also shut down if you take away the big run where he otherwise would have been caught by Godwin had a ref not cutblocked him.

Ioa makes me laugh. Hope we didn't hurt any of them.

Wow! No respect! We r gonna thump MSU

Wadley, is a situational back who lacks and inside running counterpart.. he certainly is nothing special off tackle himself.

This is a real head scratcher. Let’s recap the facts. He faces an Iowa defense each week in practice that gave up 211 rushing yards (305 including receiving) to Barkley. My guess is he runs wild in those practices. So his confidence has to be off the charts.

The NU defense held Barkley to 75 rushing yards (with 53 of those yards coming on one referee induced run), and 84 yards including receiving.We also held Jonathan Taylor, probably a top 5 back in the country to 80 yards. One of only two games he’s been under 100- the other being his first collegiate game against Utah State where he only had 9 carries and averaged over 9 yards a carry. So, this NU run defense might be kind of good.

The only explanation I have is Wadley doesn’t look at any tape and didn’t know anything about this NU defense. That’s all I got. If that’s not it, then he’s just being a crybaby sore loser. So either ignorant or crybaby is the conclusion. Both great qualities either way.
He was afraid to.

To be fair, Io*a is starting a new QB and their bread an butter for years has been a running game. Basically you take away the run and make the QB beat you. That is what we did.

Reactions: StreamCat

If I recall correctly, Wadley had his coming out party at our house two years ago. What a difference two years makes.

Reactions: Noah121
To be fair, Io*a is starting a new QB and their bread an butter for years has been a running game. Basically you take away the run and make the QB beat you. That is what we did.

Stanley isn’t “new” at this point.

Wadley's a terrific RB, but that wasn't the brightest thing to say. Not sure what (or whether) he was thinking.

Not sure how bright Wadley is...on the broadcast they had a story where he is compared to a Tesla. Wadley’s response “what’s a Tesla?”

Maybe he's not a science major ;)

Stanley is a pretty good QB at this stage of his career and will get better with more experience. He made some really nice throws. Iowa's issue was not the QB.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Stanley is a pretty good QB. He made some really nice throws. Iowa's issue was not the QB.

Agreed. He's going to be a pain to deal with for the next several years.

Some opposing QB's don't elicit a lot of fear, Hornibrook comes to mind, and Stave before him.

Be embarrassed Wadley, be very embarrassed. You suck.
He must suck to not be able to put up better numbers against "this team".;)
Hope he isn't putting all this effort in just on a dream of the NFL. Better start taking some real classes.

Agreed. He's going to be a pain to deal with for the next several years.

Some opposing QB's don't elicit a lot of fear, Hornibrook comes to mind, and Stave before him.

I actually think there are similarities between Stanley and Hornibrook. Both will be a pain to deal with. No disagreement on Stave.

Many preseason prognosticators said Iowa would have an exceptional offensive line this year. On the BTN over the weekend, I heard again, "Iowa has a very good offensive line, but they can't seem to get it together." After a line has been gobsmacked several times at this point of the year, I think it's safe to say that it might be wise to reevaluate the preseason predictions.

And to inform Mr. Wadley, your team has now lost to "that team" seven of the last 12 times they've played.

Many preseason prognosticators said Iowa would have an exceptional offensive line this year. On the BTN over the weekend, I heard again, "Iowa has a very good offensive line, but they can't seem to get it together." After a line has been gobsmacked several times at this point of the year, I think it's safe to say that it might be wise to reevaluate the preseason predictions.

And to inform Mr. Wadley, your team has now lost to "that team" seven of the last 12 times they've played.

Being informed apparently isn't a big part of Wadley's arsenal.

I hear ya, but to be fair, they have had a number of injuries on the OL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT