ADVERTISEMENT

WR Nation: Help your favorite Cats raise money to fight rare diseases!

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Seven Wildcats participating in Northwestern's Pro Day next Tuesday are raising money to help fight rare diseases through Repping for Rare Diseases and Uplifting Athletes, and you can help them by pledging dollars for each rep!

These guys have given us a lot of thrills and big wins over their careers -- three bowl wins and a Big Ten West title, for example. It's time for us to show our appreciation by helping them in this great cause. More than 30 million Americans suffer from a rare disease, and almost half of them are children. Every dollar helps them fight their disease.

Here's how it works: Go to their website , pick a player (or two or three) and pledge a dollar amount -- any amount you want -- for each rep. Then, after their performance on Tuesday, you'll donate that amount. It's a very simple process.

These are the seven hopefuls involved:

P Jake Collins: Pledge money for each one of his punts with more than four seconds of hang time (his goal: 7)

T Blake Hance: Each bench press rep (goal: 26)

G Tommy Doles: Each inch on his broad jump (goal: 101 inches, or 8.5 feet)

DT Jordan Thompson: Each bench press rep (goal: 26)

WR Flynn Nagel: Each bench press rep (goal: 10)

QB Clayton Thorson: Make a one-time donation (Clayton isn't performing any combine drills)

S Jared McGee: Each bench press rep (goal: 14)

Help each Cat reach his goal!

Rare diseases, by the way, are those that affect fewer than 200,000 Americans yearly. Virtually all pediatric cancers are considered rare diseases.

Walkons Joe Spivak and Peter Snodgrass are the chairmen of this initiative. You might be interested to know that NU's chapter was founded to help raise awareness of Niemann Pick Type C, a disease that afflicted the legendary Ara Parseghian's grandchildren.

Go to the site and donate today: Northwestern Repping for Rare Diseases Pledge Site

I didn’t realize that the pro day was yesterday and thus missed the deadline.

Is there another way to donate? I was planning on donating $130 to Thorson’s page... $1 for each touchdown thrown or run in, plus another $1 for every regular season win, and $3 for each bowl win. Let me know if so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT