ADVERTISEMENT

WR's did the QB's no favors today

MC_Cat

May 29, 2001
Out of many, many areas of inadequacy today, I have to point out the staggering # of drops today. Thorson didn't play bad. Oliver got one series and threw a good ball each time but was dropped on at least two of them. Our O line was bad today but we had plenty of catchable balls downfield that went right through the WR's hands. That trend better stop fast because we'll need a passing threat to keep D's more honest.

Out of many, many areas of inadequacy today, I have to point out the staggering # of drops today. Thorson didn't play bad. Oliver got one series and threw a good ball each time but was dropped on at least two of them. Our O line was bad today but we had plenty of catchable balls downfield that went right through the WR's hands. That trend better stop fast because we'll need a passing threat to keep D's more honest.

Thorson played really well under heavy pressure. Even his pick six was dropped right into the WRs hands (and the DB just took it away from him).

Thorson played really well under heavy pressure. Even his pick six was dropped right into the WRs hands (and the DB just took it away from him).

I consider that a completion and a strip/fumble, not an interception. I think McHugh had it and puked it up.

I consider that a completion and a strip/fumble, not an interception. I think McHugh had it and puked it up.
I don't put this one on Thorson, either. He had some bad throws but the number of drops was amazing. This is at least the second year with this same problem. Not sure what can be done about it.

Ok, I'm missing the cryptic inferences here. What are the coaches supposed to do about the subpar WRs?

Oh, I assume you mean get a new WR coach...

Last edited:
Yes, i am the one when all Cat fans were talking about beating us said, "let the game be played on the field." That being said, Michigan receivers are not WORLD beaters. Pat is a very good coach, but Harbaugh has improved Michigans toughness and discipline. Undoubtedly top 5 best coaches in either college or NFL. You cats still have a chance to win your division. Good luck

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT