ADVERTISEMENT

Y'all Come on Down!

kaTNap

Gold Member
Nov 7, 2005
Nashville, TN
I believe GlideCat and I are the only Nashvillians on the board, so I'd like to welcome you all to my adopted city. Come on down, visit Tootsie's, catch the Opry (if you can score tickets), eat some BBQ and hot chicken, and let's paint Nashville purple!

I married a Nashville native (both of us are alums) and moved down here from the West Chicago burbs in 1994. As you can imagine, I've been dreaming of NU in the Music City Bowl for about the last 15 years or so. I'm planning on bringing most of my family to the game and probably to some of the other events.

See you here!

I believe GlideCat and I are the only Nashvillians on the board, so I'd like to welcome you all to my adopted city. Come on down, visit Tootsie's, catch the Opry (if you can score tickets), eat some BBQ and hot chicken, and let's paint Nashville purple!

I married a Nashville native (both of us are alums) and moved down here from the West Chicago burbs in 1994. As you can imagine, I've been dreaming of NU in the Music City Bowl for about the last 15 years or so. I'm planning on bringing most of my family to the game and probably to some of the other events.

See you here!
Ditto.

MizzouCat went to grad school at Vandy, and his in-laws live in Nashville, So he is sort of an honorary Nashviller. My mother’s parents and three of her aunts moved to Nashville from Russia around the time of the revolution when the Cossacks were going around the countryside and murdering Jews. All of their very large family who was not able to get out was murdered. Thiose who did get out settled around Nashville, so I have a bunch of relatives there. My mom was actually born in Clarksville, she did not take the last train there, but moved to Memphis when she graduated high school For a little husband hunting. My dad’s large family was all in the Memphis.

See you here!

Any recommendations on hotels?

For ease and experience, anything downtown. Between 1st Street and 6th Street and within two blocks either side of Broadway. If they are walking distance to the Ryman or the Predators’ Arena, then you are good. From there, you are walking distance to all of the tourist area and the stadium. (Not cheap)

For experience, Opryland Hotel and reserve a river taxi to the stadium on the day of the game. (Not cheap)

For lower cost, there are a bunch of hotels near the airport that are nice and competitively priced.

Are you driving, or do you want to stay within walking distance of the stadium? And are you looking to economize, or have a more unique experience?

If you're driving (or renting a car), and are okay with a pricetag, the Opryland Hotel (sort of by the airport) is probably the most unique hotel in Nashville. We have the usual selection of expensive downtown hotels, all of which would be within easy walking distance of the stadium, which is just across the river (there's a pedestrian bridge) northeast of downtown.

I would caution you about the neighborhoods immediately to the north of the stadium.

Downtown, the airport area, or (if you want to stay well out of the thick of things) the south suburban Franklin-Cool Springs area (about 15 miles south of downtown) are all good. The area around Vanderbilt on West End Avenue is also a possiblity.

BTW, a note about Nissan Stadium to help ticket purchasers. If you've been to either of our Outback bowl trips, you've already been there. Nissan Stadium is almost an exact duplicate of Raymond James in Tampa, except that our seats are Titan blue instead of Buccaneer red.

Should be a blast for all NU fans that can make it down. Tons of fun things to do in Nashville. Hoping many make ‘Cats fans make the trip to root on the boys.

Are you driving, or do you want to stay within walking distance of the stadium? And are you looking to economize, or have a more unique experience?

If you're driving (or renting a car), and are okay with a pricetag, the Opryland Hotel (sort of by the airport) is probably the most unique hotel in Nashville. We have the usual selection of expensive downtown hotels, all of which would be within easy walking distance of the stadium, which is just across the river (there's a pedestrian bridge) northeast of downtown.

I would caution you about the neighborhoods immediately to the north of the stadium.

Downtown, the airport area, or (if you want to stay well out of the thick of things) the south suburban Franklin-Cool Springs area (about 15 miles south of downtown) are all good. The area around Vanderbilt on West End Avenue is also a possiblity.
Cool tx, I booked the Renaissance

MizzouCat went to grad school at Vandy, and his in-laws live in Nashville, So he is sort of an honorary Nashviller. My mother’s parents and three of her aunts moved to Nashville from Russia around the time of the revolution when the Cossacks were going around the countryside and murdering Jews. All of their very large family who was not able to get out was murdered. Thiose who did get out settled around Nashville, so I have a bunch of relatives there. My mom was actually born in Clarksville, she did not take the last train there, but moved to Memphis when she graduated high school For a little husband hunting. My dad’s large family was all in the Memphis.
So does that mean you are planning a party?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT