ADVERTISEMENT

‘CATS Aer Lingus Charter Flight Home

HappyNUyear

May 29, 2001
Chicago Area
Aer Lingus Flight EI-4123
Depart Dublin (DUB) 2:20PM (Dublin Time)
Arrival Chicago (ORD) 4:11PM CDT
Airbus A330-302
Tail Number EI-EAV

Sources: ICAO, FAA & Flightradar24

Reactions: Arlcatsfan
They're flight will turn just below the southern tip of Greenland, then over Newfoundland, then Quebec, then Lower Michigan. At least that's they're current flight path, unless ATC changes it?

A friend at Chicago Center has been following the flight and providing me updates when on break(s)

Reactions: drewjin and rmndcat
I'm thinking of Dennis Farina in Midnight Run saying, "have them met at the airport," but mostly because I don't really need a good excuse to quote that movie.

ATC has issued a Ground Stop, and stopped all Inbound & Outbound Flights at ORD until at least 1:30 PM CDT due to severe weather moving across ORD Airspace

ATC has issued a Ground Stop, and stopped all Inbound & Outbound Flights at ORD until at least 1:30 PM CDT due to severe weather moving across ORD Airspace
The joys of travel. Looks like a pretty bad storm is about to blow through. Heavy winds will make it blow by quickly. They will delayed a bit but should land safely with no problem.

Reactions: HappyNUyear
The joys of travel. Looks like a pretty bad storm is about to blow through. Heavy winds will make it blow by quickly. They will delayed a bit but should land safely with no problem.
My friend at Chicago Center said it screwed up air traffic due to re-routes around cell(s) and diversions with flights. Now the sorting begins to get everything sequenced.

This crap will blow past them before their entry into US Airspace. They're still over Newfoundland.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT