ADVERTISEMENT

“let’s dance” video from NU

Two of my favorite regular season highlights right together. The Nicholson dribble and dunk, but before that even better yet, the Boo to Chase one handed alley-oop. This highlight did not get much attention in a losing effort, but it is the most athletic play of the season. I went and found it a few weeks after it happened to watch it again from different angles. Hadn’t seen the angle in this video before. Chase is an elite athlete. Few people could make this play. I think Boo threw it from well past the three point line on an all out fast break. A few more days will give this team their legs back 100%. Go Cats!

Lots of smiles, and great to see the silliness and excitement and pure joy in the locker room celebrations.

It’s been special all the way through.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Lots of smiles, and great to see the silliness and excitement and pure joy in the locker room celebrations.

It’s been special all the way through.
Do opposing teams get pissed at NU for drenching their locker room carpet? Think of the mold problems that causes.

• Haha
Reactions: ubercat
Super cool video. Surprised they can use Coldplay for it!

Regardless of what happens now, this was a very special year.

It is such a good feeling to be a fan of such tough sumsofbitches

Think of all the bad basketball we've seen from the guys in purple over the years. Outmatched athletically time and time again. What a celebration this year has turned out to be. The video team at NU is outstanding.

At last NU has another basketball team to be proud of.

I was going to say something negative about the ice-cream-salesman unis, but watching this video I am reminded that NU had some great moments in them. And they just had some terrible moments in purple and white.

They CAN win. They know they CAN win. Let's get ready to surprise some people.

GO CATS!

Reactions: DaCat
Lol Yea I have no idea how you call that video “Let’s Dance” and not set it to Bowie. It’s not like that Coldplay needle drop is more relevant today. That said, great video.
As a child of the 80's and 90's, who loves Chicago, I would have cut that thing with some old school House to pay homage to being Chicago's B1G team. Good enough for Beyonce.

Take that IL.

Reactions: macarthur31
Lol Yea I have no idea how you call that video “Let’s Dance” and not set it to Bowie. It’s not like that Coldplay needle drop is more relevant today. That said, great video.
Question. Why is it next to impossible to dance to Bowie’s “Let’s Dance”? I used to disc jockey for parties when it was released. People would request it assuming it to be a good dance song, then they’d get on the floor and look like the walking dead as they tried to move their shuffling feet to the beat.
I’d laugh and I’d laugh.

Question. Why is it next to impossible to dance to Bowie’s “Let’s Dance”? I used to disc jockey for parties when it was released. People would request it assuming it to be a good dance song, then they’d get on the floor and look like the walking dead as they tried to move their shuffling feet to the beat.
I’d laugh and I’d laugh.
I'll bet the album version is even harder to dance to. It gets quite dissonant.

Reactions: StreamCat
I’d laugh and I’d laugh.
Is it possible that NU kids just couldn’t dance? 4/4, 116bpm, prime booty-shaking rhythm.

Stevie Ray Vaughan played guitar on it. Who knew!? (Wikipedia did.)

I’d laugh and I’d laugh.

I see white people

napoleon dynamite GIF

I'm more than a little superannuated. In truth, upon seeing this thread's subject line and before linking to the video provided, this is what was in my mind:

I see white people

napoleon dynamite GIF
I did weddings, Christmas parties, high school reunions, etc. all through the 80’s. All colors and creeds could not dance well to it. In Bowie.s defense, he also recorded one of the all-time great party songs, “Suffragette City”.

Reactions: GatoLouco
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT