ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone think NU can defeat Illinois?

Variance (of a single game vs. all games in a day / year / lifetime) is the key concept - I’ll let you determine if that resonates or not.
You haven’t been around long enough to know what I do for a side gig. So, let me say I would happy to take any of your wagers.

This is akin to having your dad beat up your bully.
You’re probably also a Cub fan. Yup, Sox fans and NU fans root against teams regularly. (Ask Ecat about rooting for OSU under any circumstance.) Nice playoff run by the way - and nice free agent off season - my team might have sucky ownership but yours has no excuse. And good luck Saturday.

The day you come back on here to tell us you are only 1-1 because TSJ wasn’t in the line up.
Huh? Without Shannon we will get smoked at Purdue. Illinois is a totally different team without him.

The fact that Illinois crushed the kitties without him says a lot more about NW than Illinois, in my opinion. I still think this Illinois team is pretty meh without Shannon.

Huh? Without Shannon we will get smoked at Purdue. Illinois is a totally different team without him.

The fact that Illinois crushed the kitties without him says a lot more about NW than Illinois, in my opinion. I still think this Illinois team is pretty meh without Shannon.

We beat Purdue bro. Twice while ranked number 1. Maybe Undie can find a transfer to replace him. Love the built in excuse you have for the entire season. STFU.

Vassar spins more BS than one of those hyper suction toilets that sound like an F15 taking off
He’s an opposing fan on a rival team’s message board. He’s just here to talk trash. It’s a time honored sports and internet tradition. Just have fun with it and don’t take it too seriously! At least we don’t have a rapist for a star player or a grotesquely obese football coach who gets up stairs about as well as he makes bowl games!

He’s an opposing fan on a rival team’s message board. He’s just here to talk trash. It’s a time honored sports and internet tradition. Just have fun with it and don’t take it too seriously! At least we don’t have a rapist for a star player or a grotesquely obese football coach who gets up stairs about as well as he makes bowl games!
When one’s team gets smoked into the next century it’s always best to resort to ad hominems as copium.

Congrats, well done. 🤣

We beat Purdue bro. Twice while ranked number 1. Maybe Undie can find a transfer to replace him. Love the built in excuse you have for the entire season. STFU.
The “we beat Purdue” flex doesn’t carry much weight when you followed it up with the worst loss a P5 team has suffered (or will suffer) this season. A home loss to Chicago State should disqualify you from the conference tournament for the season.

• Haha
Reactions: EagerFan
The “we beat Purdue” flex doesn’t carry much weight when you followed it up with the worst loss a P5 team has suffered (or will suffer) this season. A home loss to Chicago State should disqualify you from the conference tournament for the season.
I’m not sure Illini fans should be attempting to be the authority on whether someone should be disqualified from something based on their past transgressions…

I’m not sure Illini fans should be attempting to be the authority on whether someone should be disqualified from something based on their past transgressions…
Immediately suspended, so I think that’s settled for now.

I suspect he may be back before end of year. Sadly, not in time to humiliate the Kitties in Evanston

Immediately suspended, so I think that’s settled for now.

I suspect he may be back before end of year. Sadly, not in time to humiliate the Kitties in Evanston
You can bring him on back up and we'll wallop you and hold him to 9 points just like last year. Grab a hot dog or a Polish at mustard's last stand on your way back down south, they don't make em as good as that anywhere in Champagne.

Reactions: drewjin
You can bring him on back up and we'll wallop you and hold him to 9 points just like last year. Grab a hot dog or a Polish at mustard's last stand on your way back down south, they don't make em as good as that anywhere in Champagne.
My brother in Christ, you that’s the team you just lost to by 30 points without their best player. I really don’t think you’d “wallop” them with Shannon.

My brother in Christ, you that’s the team you just lost to by 30 points without their best player. I really don’t think you’d “wallop” them with Shannon.
It would be just like the last time you came to Welsh-Ryan and just like football.

Reactions: drewjin
Ya think??

Edey limited to 5 shots last night. Refs dinged him with a couple of cheap fouls, sent him to the bench.
That helped Illinois rally.
Edey also had a season-high 15 rebounds in only 23 minutes.

It says that Purdue beat the Illini with Edey on the bench for 17 minutes. Illini does not match up well against Purdue, but Cats do. Cats match up very poorly against the Illini. Transitivity is not baked into team sports like basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT