ADVERTISEMENT

Blake Smith Appreciation Thread

Impressed with his play again tonight... out of nowhere he's been giving me Sanjay vibes.
I agree, but I believe he is more athletic than Sanjay. The day will come, in my opinion, when he is one of the best players on the team. The confident 3 tonight that he made without any hesitation finally sold me, but I was already a fan based on the Maryland game.

Reactions: drewjin
He is most definitely not a better offensive player right now than Sanjay Lumpkin
Sanjay has become an almost mythical player the more time passes. It’s pretty funny. Smith had 11 points tonight, including on a couple of nice shots he created for himself. In Sanjay’s 4th season, do you know how many times Sanjay scored in double figures in conference games? Zero. Do you know how many times he scored 2 points or less in conference games in his 4th season, 10. So yes, I feel comfortable stating that Smith is most definitely already a better offensive player in his 4th game than Sanjay was in his first 4 seasons.

Sanjay has become an almost mythical player the more time passes. It’s pretty funny. Smith had 11 points tonight, including on a couple of nice shots he created for himself. In Sanjay’s 4th season, do you know how many times Sanjay scored in double figures in conference games? Zero. Do you know how many times he scored 2 points or less in conference games in his 4th season, 10. So yes, I feel comfortable stating that Smith is most definitely already a better offensive player in his 4th game than Sanjay was in his first 4 seasons.
This.

I only wish Blake could give 20% of his confidence to Clayton, who has none.

This.

I only wish Blake could give 20% of his confidence to Clayton, who has none.
And Hunger. Smith looks completely comfortable out there. It’s pretty amazing.

I was at the game and couldn’t see what happened on Hunger’s layup attempt. Did the ball just fly out of his hand?

It looked like he just launched it too hard and it arced over the rim, but I dunno.
I think he surprised himself with the move and lack of contact. He anticipated hard contact and was determined to get a shot through and go to line. But the move was so smooth and unexpected, he cut right in and need touch instead of brute force to finish.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT