ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Joseph enters the portal…

Not to mention the interview he gave a few months after leaving NU in which he effectively said his NU teammates were not “dogs” enough for him to play with. Just a terrible look for him.
And then doubling down in the more recent pre OSU game interview where he attributed much of his bad play in 2021 to the poor play of his teammates. He still sees himself as a 1st round stud held back by the limitations of others.

Memo to BJo. 1st round draft choices stand out no matter their surroundings. They’re the easy ones to spot. And they never appear as an “or” in any college depth chart.

GOUNUII

And then doubling down in the more recent pre OSU game interview where he attributed much of his bad play in 2021 to the poor play of his teammates. He still sees himself as a 1st round stud held back by the limitations of others.

Memo to BJo. 1st round draft choices stand out no matter their surroundings. They’re the easy ones to spot. And they never appear as an “or” in any college depth chart.

GOUNUII
First round draft picks don’t get subbed out in the 4th quarter when your team needs a stop and the opposing team is running it down your team’s throat. I am sure the NFL scouts are scurrying to rewrite their draft evaluations.

With NIL and the sitting out of bowl games, I think college athletes now open themselves up to more criticism.

Good point IMO.

Look, I'm not dumb, I know schools and i know we will never be a school like LSU. Having made that clear, I have to admit, I admire the fans of LSU who are from Louisiana who get really pissed off when a Louisiana kid decides to go somewhere else to play. They take it personal. One guy compared it to a spouse leaving you, another said a better analogy would be a kid leaving his parents with 'nary a thank you. We can talk about how fair or not that is, because then it means the kids don't actually have any kind of true college choice - (If Louisiana kids are "allowed" to play only for LSU, are Georgia kids only supposed to go play for Georgia and should LSU stop recruiting there?)

But I like the attitude. You don't love me anymore? Fine, let's divorce and don't even think of slinking back or thinking that I won't pawn the wedding ring.

As an Islander fan, I can attest the same attitude was seen when Team Captain up and left for a "better opportunity" in Toronto a few years ago. Whether or not his chances improved there, we didn't care, the fan base felt hurt. We were dumped by our leader, the captain, a guy whose number we would have retired. Not good enough for us any more? Drop dead (metaphorically speaking of course).

The problem was half the fan base had purchased Tavares jerseys. Many found solutions.

Yeah, yeah, it's the pro's, well, now with the NIL deals it's less amateur in college.

And lest anyone think I am crossing over into the personal sphere, wrong. I don't wish him ill health, bad luck, personal misery, absolutely nothing like that, that's insanity and completely out of line.

But I am NOT going to root for him to have a great amount of success at Notre Dame.

Good point IMO.

Look, I'm not dumb, I know schools and i know we will never be a school like LSU. Having made that clear, I have to admit, I admire the fans of LSU who are from Louisiana who get really pissed off when a Louisiana kid decides to go somewhere else to play. They take it personal. One guy compared it to a spouse leaving you, another said a better analogy would be a kid leaving his parents with 'nary a thank you. We can talk about how fair or not that is, because then it means the kids don't actually have any kind of true college choice - (If Louisiana kids are "allowed" to play only for LSU, are Georgia kids only supposed to go play for Georgia and should LSU stop recruiting there?)

But I like the attitude. You don't love me anymore? Fine, let's divorce and don't even think of slinking back or thinking that I won't pawn the wedding ring.

As an Islander fan, I can attest the same attitude was seen when Team Captain up and left for a "better opportunity" in Toronto a few years ago. Whether or not his chances improved there, we didn't care, the fan base felt hurt. We were dumped by our leader, the captain, a guy whose number we would have retired. Not good enough for us any more? Drop dead (metaphorically speaking of course).

The problem was half the fan base had purchased Tavares jerseys. Many found solutions.

Yeah, yeah, it's the pro's, well, now with the NIL deals it's less amateur in college.

And lest anyone think I am crossing over into the personal sphere, wrong. I don't wish him ill health, bad luck, personal misery, absolutely nothing like that, that's insanity and completely out of line.

But I am NOT going to root for him to have a great amount of success at Notre Dame.
I’m in agreement. I recall how most of us fans felt when Barnett fled to Colorado after sending out an email to his team.

I’m in agreement. I recall how most of us fans felt when Barnett fled to Colorado after sending out an email to his team.

Very good comparison (and also how we felt about the players who followed him and the recruits who wanted to).

Reactions: HappyNUyear
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT