ADVERTISEMENT

Cats land BC transfer AJ Turner

I don't doubt it (in fact, expect it, as indicated above). But what's your source that makes you be so sure?
I texted Idaho State's compliance director who confirmed that players on scholarship in residence count against the scholarship limit.

Reactions: NJCat
I texted Idaho State's compliance director who confirmed that players on scholarship in residence count against the scholarship limit.
Obviously correct under the premises you state: if they are on ATHLETIC scholarship during the sit-out year they should count (even if they don't play at all). After all, they are getting an athletic scholarship.

The possibility discussed in the other thread (linked above) was that the sit-out transfer might receive just standard non-athletic need-based financial aid during his sit-out year (essentially being a practice-only walk-on). After the sit-out year he'd get a normal ath. scholarship. Perhaps you may want to run this scenario through your source (might send him the link to the thread on that matter for background).

Obviously correct under the premises you state: if they are on ATHLETIC scholarship during the sit-out year they should count (even if they don't play at all). After all, they are getting an athletic scholarship.

The possibility discussed in the other thread (linked above) was that the sit-out transfer might receive just standard non-athletic need-based financial aid during his sit-out year (essentially being a practice-only walk-on). After the sit-out year he'd get a normal ath. scholarship. Perhaps you may want to run this scenario through your source (might send him the link to the thread on that matter for background).

Don't bother. It's common knowledge that ineligible transfers count against scholarship limits. Always have.

Sorry, but ignorant comments have rubbed me a bit raw tonight.

[QUOTE="Gladeskat, post: 422627, member: 382"
Sorry, but ignorant comments have rubbed me a bit raw tonight.[/QUOTE]

Just last night?;)

Because the NCAA typically looks well upon end runs around established rules.

But I'm sure the professional will be swayed by posts on an Internet message board.

[QUOTE="Gladeskat, post: 422627, member: 382"
Sorry, but ignorant comments have rubbed me a bit raw tonight.

Just last night?;)[/QUOTE]
Watch yourself lest you to fall victim to the Grim Chaffer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT