ADVERTISEMENT

Do-over ... Collins gets multi-year contract extension

You both are missing the point.

Duke WAS in the Final Four just recently prior to K taking over. Still, K did not go to the tourney until year 4. It took time to build his program. And I think Collins is on that same plan. I FULLY expect Collins to get us to the tourney this year, and then have a comparable level of success that Coach K has accomplished at Duke.

I understand your skepticism. But, I believe because I want to believe. I believe it is possible at NU, and I think Collins thinks it is possible and I think that's why he is here, to make it happen.

I appreciate your optimism but I would bet you a snickers bar that the day K retires is the day papa Collins, Chris and everyone under this sun he is connected with will be politicking the Duke administration for Chris to take over that job. He will bolt Evanston for Durham faster than you can say Cameron Crazy....Zero question.

If Chris was qualified enough at the time of K's retirement to replace him, there wouldn't be a single person around here begrudging him that opportunity.

I appreciate your optimism but I would bet you a snickers bar that the day K retires is the day papa Collins, Chris and everyone under this sun he is connected with will be politicking the Duke administration for Chris to take over that job. He will bolt Evanston for Durham faster than you can say Cameron Crazy....Zero question.

I'm pretty sure that when Coach K retires, the Duke administration is going to ask him who should be his successor. He'll provide three or four names and he'll indicate who is best and why. His top choice will know he's the top choice. The whole thing will be baked by Coach K who continues to give Duke gobs of money.

There will be no lobbying on this next Duke coaching change. The one after that? All bets are off.

My response on CC wanting the Duke job has nothing to do with what I think Duke will do rather than my response to Ecat that I do not think CC will replicate K's success at NU. He will want the Duke job (no question and no one here would begrudge him) and if he is showing success here when the time comes he would get that job imo thus not being here long enough to ever succeed at that level

I FULLY expect Collins to get us to the tourney this year, and then have a comparable level of success that Coach K has accomplished at Duke.

I understand your skepticism. But, I believe because I want to believe. I believe it is possible at NU, and I think Collins thinks it is possible and I think that's why he is here, to make it happen.

I am not skeptical about Collins, or that this might finally be the year for the Toonament. I just disagree that there is any parallel whatsoever between Duke and NU basketball (Men's or Women's for that matter). The job at NU is infinitely harder, not just because of the tougher academic requirements in Evanston.

There is in fact no parallel between NU and any major program. We are the most historically futile by this metric and have zero peers.

Reactions: NUCat320
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT