ADVERTISEMENT

Field Hockey

I heard the coach speak to reporters a couple of times and became a big fan of hers. Thought she came across as so genuine and down to earth.

Reactions: ubercat
Is it not reasonable to attribute some of Northwestern's success in field hockey, women's soccer, men's soccer and other sports to the training facility out there on the lakefill?

I admit I don't follow these sports closely, although I like soccer, but we seem to have improved in several sports simultaneously.

(As always, that Northwestern diploma plays a significant part, but that has been true for a long time)

Is it not reasonable to attribute some of Northwestern's success in field hockey, women's soccer, men's soccer and other sports to the training facility out there on the lakefill?

I admit I don't follow these sports closely, although I like soccer, but we seem to have improved in several sports simultaneously.

(As always, that Northwestern diploma plays a significant part, but that has been true for a long time)
Yes, that is where they hang out, train and play their games. There is a separate locker room there for all the so called "olympic" sports.

Yes, that is where they hang out, train and play their games. There is a separate locker room there for all the so called "olympic" sports.
Well there's that and it seemed like "better training" is good along with "team building" and "wanting to put in the work." That facility, overlooking the lake, is pretty awesome and probably helps in all 3 of those areas.

But I think it helps a lot with recruiting - it reflects a commitment to those "lesser" sports. Recruits certainly recognize that.

The game Sunday was amazing!! I was able to meet a few other parents on the team and some alumni that showed up for the game in NJ.

I showed up to the lots at 10am and tailgates were in full bloom. For both RU and NU.

People brought their puppies and love for the game.

My next journey will be to NC for the finals! Go Cats!!!!!!!

The game Sunday was amazing!! I was able to meet a few other parents on the team and some alumni that showed up for the game in NJ.

I showed up to the lots at 10am and tailgates were in full bloom. For both RU and NU.

People brought their puppies and love for the game.

My next journey will be to NC for the finals! Go Cats!!!!!!!

Nice “post”.

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone
It seems like Field Hockey is the only aspect of Northwestern that isn't a complete dumpster fire right now.
Well, that's just not true. Many other sports are doing very well, including men's soccer, basketball, swimming, wrestling, tennis and golf, as well as women's lacrosse, golf, softball and tennis, and soccer and volleyball are certainly respectable.

It seems like Field Hockey is the only aspect of Northwestern that isn't a complete dumpster fire right now.
Just inaccurate. One example is that the university received over $1 billion in research awards in the last fiscal year, the first time they have crossed that threshold. Most at the medical school.

Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT