ADVERTISEMENT

Field Hockey

Its 0-0 and they are in overtime. NU missed a tap-in goal with a minute left in regulation.

NUwin.gif

Reactions: hlstone
Someone will have to explain to me how NU, with an 18-1 record, is a 2 seed behind UNC, who have 3 losses including a loss to Iowa who NU beat.....I guess with the semi-finals and final being played in Chapel Hill, NC the NCAA want to give the local team the best shot at hosting the event....

Anyway, NU hosts the winner of Miami Hydroxide and Cal (representing the America East conference!!) this Friday.

Someone will have to explain to me how NU, with an 18-1 record, is a 2 seed behind UNC, who have 3 losses including a loss to Iowa who NU beat.....I guess with the semi-finals and final being played in Chapel Hill, NC the NCAA want to give the local team the best shot at hosting the event....

Anyway, NU hosts the winner of Miami Hydroxide and Cal (representing the America East conference!!) this Friday.

Miami(OH) defeated Cal 3-0 yesterday.

The top 2 seeds are both "seeded" to reach the finals, right? They're both supposed to take care of their half of the bracket?

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Duke is next. If NU had rightly been the #1 seed they'd have faced unseeded UVA.

I’m not sure how i’d feel about that. UVa destroyed maryland 4-0.

At any rate, the team looked great and is fully battle tested and ready for the final 4! Some home field advantage for the #1 and #3 seeds, but we are on one heck of a winning streak and playing great!

I'm thrilled about the final 4! My kid's former teammates play for NC and VA. So when NU makes the finals, I get to hang out with them.

About the Duke game, NU will press the heck outta that team. The corners will be too much for Duke to handle.

NU has the best defense in this tournament. Scooby will lead this team with another shutout!

Oh, and the 3rd string keeper is going to kill it for NU🙂

55 minutes until game time!!!

Go Cats!!

When they win, they will face UNC in the finals.

I have been in tears off and on since the end of the game. Even though my kiddo is a redshirting goalie, this means the world to me.

She is able to study at one of the best Universities in the world and play with this team.

I love the support you guys give.

You all rock🔥🔥🔥

I have been in tears off and on since the end of the game. Even though my kiddo is a redshirting goalie, this means the world to me.

She is able to study at one of the best Universities in the world and play with this team.

I love the support you guys give.

You all rock🔥🔥🔥
Congrats. That's fantastic. Enjoy the ride and let's hope there are a few more runs while your daughter is here. Go Cats!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT