ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU vs. Nebraska

Not sure what to say at this point. The game is over for the most part. Shall we bench Ryan? I know it sounds crazy, but if he gets hurt, we have zero hope of a possible turn around of the season. I would like to get a look at Richardson to be honest. I think we have our QB in Ryan, but would like to see the staff develop some depth at the position. Mr. Johnson need not take another snap for us.

this is loser talk.

Reactions: MC_Cat and DaCat
Not sure what to say at this point. The game is over for the most part. Shall we bench Ryan? I know it sounds crazy, but if he gets hurt, we have zero hope of a possible turn around of the season. I would like to get a look at Richardson to be honest. I think we have our QB in Ryan, but would like to see the staff develop some depth at the position. Mr. Johnson need not take another snap for us.
No.

Nebraska is probably better than 4 or 5 teams in the Big Ten.

But we're making them look like Ohio State, not a middle tier team.

Reactions: MC_Cat and DaCat
Can’t believe I’m going to say this but the talent gap looks so wide tonight. Maybe we need to look into recruiting tactics that other schools employ. Fitz will be trying to do it the right way his entire career and not get anywhere.
It is partly that, but it is mainly coaching. This game should be much closer.

Reactions: drewjin
Can’t believe I’m going to say this but the talent gap looks so wide tonight. Maybe we need to look into recruiting tactics that other schools employ. Fitz will be trying to do it the right way his entire career and not get anywhere.
Poor coaching/schemes exacerbate the talent gap.

How many times have we played games where our players might not be quite as fast/quick as the other team, yet good coaching more than makes up the difference (especially with Hank's defenses).

We've played Ohio State tough in 2 championship games.

But that's where coaching/scheme matters a lot.

If you have poor coaching, then the talent gap will look like a chasm. Nebraska should not be blowing us out like this.

this is loser talk.
We spotted Nebraska 28 points. Realistically we will have 7-8 possessions. Do you think our D can stymie Nebby to allow Ryan and co to comeback? That isn't loser talk that is just being realistic. Johnson is history in my book. What happens if we lose Ryan for a few games? Rely on Johnson? We need depth at QB, might as well start building it.

• Haha
Reactions: IGNORE2
So you guys think it’ll be quicker for JON to rent a car and drive home over night? Or wait to catch a flight back tomorrow morning???

you need to fix your eyes. Hilinski has been money and is Mostly putting the ball in the only place a play can be made.
Corbi, I respect your opinion so much that I’m trying to reevaluate my position - but it’s hard to do that because Hilinski keeps fumbling.

• Haha
Reactions: IGNORE2
So you guys think it’ll be quicker for JON to rent a car and drive home over night? Or wait to catch a flight back tomorrow morning???
Fitz should have given him a head start home at halftime. It honestly looks like the defense has quit on him.

We spotted Nebraska 28 points. Realistically we will have 7-8 possessions. Do you think our D can stymie Nebby to allow Ryan and co to comeback? That isn't loser talk that is just being realistic. Johnson is history in my book. What happens if we lose Ryan for a few games? Rely on Johnson? We need depth at QB, might as well start building it.

i don’t care. You don’t pull your players when you are losing out of fear of getting them hurt. That is loser talk.

i don’t care. You don’t pull your players when you are losing out of fear of getting them hurt. That is loser talk.
When you are down 35 and the D couldn't stop my own father, why not see what you got in terms of depth at QB. Hunter is gone after this year. Might as well get something out of this game. The Cardiac Cats won't be making an appearance tonight.

I’m just glad I stuck around long enough to watch a kid kick the ball 67 yards in the air with hangtime from inside his own end zone. 84-yard net with the roll. Lmao.

Reactions: RedMyMind
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT