ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU vs. Nebraska

The offensive line executes so poorly! On that fourth down play, there we five guys lined up against five guys and the left tackle goes inside leaving the outside rush completely unattended. I don’t know anything about football but I know these guys don’t know what they are doing!

Ok with going for it, but the play call was stupid if you are going for it
They brought heat - not sure how much time Hikinski had. He is looking good by the way. I sure hope we can get some defense figured out.

They didn’t block!

the RB has to wait for them. He needs to cut inside and let the OL seal the only Nebraska player That was there on the outside.

to put it in basketball terms, it’s the equivalent of he ball starting his drive on a pick and role before the picker is set.

Reactions: timbfischer
At least hilinski can play. We have a QB for the next two seasons. Priority for the rest of this season should be preventing our good players from transferring.
I hope you’re right but what I see is an athlete who mostly can’t put the ball where it needs to be for his teammates to make a play. Nearly every catch requires some adjustment.

See another whole thread with different view.
Just saw it. I’ll have to rewatch that play. This game is so brutal. Now down 34-7. They are going to score 70 on us. I guess I hope it happens if it means change.

I actually think Fitz will make the right call based on what happens with the defense. Right now the answer feel obvious in the heat of the moment. But he made a hard call with a tenured coordinator and I think he will be more willing to make needed changes now.
I think you are right. Some folks in here before the season started asked why he just didn't promote it a coordinator to keep the Hankwitz system alive. I was in the same train of thought. JON had bottom feeder defenses in the NFL with a 3-4 setup. Didn't make sense.

I hope you’re right but what I see is an athlete who mostly can’t put the ball where it needs to be for his teammates to make a play. Nearly every catch requires some adjustment.
Sounds like Thor and he did OK.

you need to fix your eyes. Hilinski has been money and is Mostly putting the ball in the only place a play can be made.

the RB has to wait for them. He needs to cut inside and let the OL seal the only Nebraska player That was there on the outside.

to put it in basketball terms, it’s the equivalent of he ball starting his drive on a pick and role before the picker is set.
He did not have time due to no blocking.

Frost just complained about leaving another score on the field and the defense letting up. I hope we can keep it in the 50s but have no faith.

Fitz has to put on his big boy CEO pants and replace his defensive coordinator. Frigging Fleck canned his DC after a bad start and it turned his defense around. Fitz gotta make the hard decisions.

Well, not bad. Only 35. The Neb team is going to scare some teams this year. They are terribly underrated. Destined to be a top ten team in Nebraska by year end.

Okay, so Fitz made a VERY BAD CALL by hiring O'Neil. He can redeem this by making a change THIS WEEK. If not, this season is doomed, and well into the future. Jake is doing as well as he can under the circumstances on offense. This could set the program back years.

Can’t believe I’m going to say this but the talent gap looks so wide tonight. Maybe we need to look into recruiting tactics that other schools employ. Fitz will be trying to do it the right way his entire career and not get anywhere.

Reactions: Catslash
Can’t believe I’m going to say this but the talent gap looks so wide tonight. Maybe we need to look into recruiting tactics that other schools employ. Fitz will be trying to do it the right way his entire career and not get anywhere.

NU = 2022 Mo Valley Champs!

Reactions: Catslash
They brought heat - not sure how much time Hikinski had. He is looking good by the way. I sure hope we can get some defense figured out.
Not sure what to say at this point. The game is over for the most part. Shall we bench Ryan? I know it sounds crazy, but if he gets hurt, we have zero hope of a possible turn around of the season. I would like to get a look at Richardson to be honest. I think we have our QB in Ryan, but would like to see the staff develop some depth at the position. Mr. Johnson need not take another snap for us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT