ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU vs. Nebraska

When we can’t develop good linebackers with Fitz as our coach, we have real trouble.

I wish we could say this is a young team taking their lumps but getting better, but that’s not the case. We may suck for quite a while.
The offense seems to be trying to find its way at least. Offense has had to switch starting QBs twice.

The D has just been awful from the first snap, going from one of the top D in the country to a complete joke with ZERO signs of improvement from game to game.

Seemed good enough last year to start and be a major player on the #5 defense in the country.

Hilarious. Eight of our starters started on last years #5 in the nation defense. Last years defense, again, number 5 in the country, replaced more starters than we had to do this year. It’s NOT the players. That is painfully clear.
Agreed!

Reactions: PurpleFaze
It is the defense (7-21 tells the story. IN THE FIRST QUARTER. VERY poor hire. Let Hilinski air it out, Jake waited too long, or Fitz waited too long.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Is fitz going to send JON out here for the next 8 games or fire him this week?
With certainty, we could do no worse by scrapping practice and drawing plays up in the hand
Fitz won’t do jack until the season ends, we all pretty much know that. He‘s too loyal even to clueless coaches in over their heads

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin and IGNORE2
I noticed Spivak got bull-rushed into the end zone on the fourth touchdown. As he would say in those videos no one watches, Wow! I think there’s only so much you can lay on O’Neill when the players are too small and slow to tackle.

Another thing, Joe spivak is a great guy. He should not be getting consistent playing time though, just shows you where we are at on defense. He not big enough to plug the run

Fitz won’t do jack until the season ends, we all pretty much know that. He‘s too loyal even to clueless coaches in over their heads
He risks losing recruits and current players if this gets out of hand. Like I stated before he might be throwing away all the hard work that he has done getting the program where it is. If he is that stupid not to see what is at stake, he deserves to lose his legacy. Weird.

Have we ever given up 4 straight TDs to start a game? This is horrible.

Another thing, Joe spivak is a great guy. He should not be getting consistent playing time though, just shows you where we are at on defense. He not big enough to plug the run
He more than held his own in Hank's system.

Reactions: drewjin
When he is one of our impact players on defense - nuff said.

I noticed Spivak got bull-rushed into the end zone on the fourth touchdown. As he would say in those videos no one watches, Wow! I think there’s only so much you can lay on O’Neill when the players are too small and slow to tackle.

Damn admissions! We will never be able to win at NU…

Is fitz going to send JON out here for the next 8 games or fire him this week?
With certainty, we could do no worse by scrapping practice and drawing plays up in the hand
Honestly needs to be fired.

Reactions: IGNORE2
He risks losing recruits and current players if this gets out of hand. Like I stated before he might be throwing away all the hard work that he has done getting the program where it is. If he is that stupid not to see what is at stake, he deserves to lose his legacy. Weird.
I actually think Fitz will make the right call based on what happens with the defense. Right now the answer feel obvious in the heat of the moment. But he made a hard call with a tenured coordinator and I think he will be more willing to make needed changes now.

I actually think Fitz will make the right call based on what happens with the defense. Right now the answer feel obvious in the heat of the moment. But he made a hard call with a tenured coordinator and I think he will be more willing to make needed changes now.
He will have to make change if we keep looking this bad the problem is he will make it about 3 months too late

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT