ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for Wisconsin vs. NU

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
The stands are empty, but you can still feel the big-game buzz here at Ryan Field.

If you haven't heard the good news, WR Berkeley Holman and DTs Trevor Kent and Te-Rah Edwards are all dressed and went through warmups. It's no guarantee that they'll play, but it means they are at least available. We'll see. The addition of Kent and Edwards would be huge.

Also, I'm a fan of the white facemasks on the purple helmets. They give them an old-school feel. And while that's usually a bad thing for NU, because old school means Dark Ages, they still look great.

Let's tee this up and get this on!

Reactions: drewjin and DaCat
Hope to see Kent and Edwards play today!

3rd and long right off the bat...let's get off the field!

**Edit - Great play/read Bergin!

That's exactly where Raine can/should be used. Big body guys who can post up and catch stuff in traffic...easy throw

I agree with the announcers that that's not a catch. Close, but he didn't drag his foot.

But we won the call, so I'll take it!

Reactions: drewjin
There's the play we've run a couple times in GL situations this year. Wiscy gummed it up nicely though.

And on 2nd down...eh. Not sure about that call...

Great start. We definitely benefitted from a few questionable calls, but I’ll take it.

Really hope the referees aren’t calling it this tight all game though. We have a physical secondary and that won’t work in our favor

I rarely like to get into ref criticism, but they are off to a horrendous start in this game. Most of the calls have benefitted us, but just terrible officiating. They need to get it together, let the teams play, and stop these garbage calls

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT