ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for Wisconsin vs. NU

We either have no offrance or they have the best defense around 5 yds rushing

3 turnovers from Wisconsin and the Cats can’t capitalize. You don’t win football games like that.

Ramsey probably wants that back shoulder throw back...not terribly accurate. With possession to start the 2nd half, it goes without saying that a stop here would be crucial.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
As poorly as previous attempts have gone, we have to throw deep again ...

Zero points of 3 turnovers and 5 yards rushing. Chance of winning a game with those stats is very low unless this improves in second half.
Really wanted a long TD drive there, then get the ball back to start 3Q and score again.

Good news is it feels like Wisconsin is killing us but it’s still 7-7.

agree. Other than the Bowser fumble we’ve gotten most of the breaks. Wisky is a bigger, stronger version of us. Rarely see our D get run over like this.

2 things spring to mind -

1) I think we're probably going to take some chances and get our safeties nearer to the LOS on running downs. We're probably not going to be successful stopping the run with our safeties at 12-15 yards.

2) I feel like we might need to use the short/quick passing game as an extension of the running game. We've been very unsuccessful blocking it up so far...WI has shown a fair amount of cushion on the outside on occasion. We need to take the easy yards when presented to us...

Reactions: drewjin and DaCat
Jesus...BJo is insane. That one is on Mertz, but he is just so often in the right spot.

4 WI turnovers, yet we're only sitting at 7-7. Man...

Reactions: drewjin and DaCat
Feel like the right hand came off and then back on, but the left hand never left the ball? i.e. control...

I think.

**Edit - Call on field was complete.

Reactions: drewjin
I think that's a catch, but they might not think it's conclusive enough to overturn the call on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT