ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for Miami vs. Northwestern

Wow. At the half, tied to a mediocre Miami team. Fitz says Miami is playing pretty well! Geez….

Yes Sir. I'm not very impressed with Miami at the LOS. They're not bad on the DL, but I think that's more because we're not very good on the OL. And they're scheming us pretty well on D, but... is that very hard to do?

Why is Jake so infatuated with outside runs? Because we can't run inside?

The short and medium passing game is working pretty good, which I credit Jake for emphasizing over trying to stick with the inside run, which just ain't happening.

How about a little more of Andrew Clair? Miami's scatback is killing us - he's a better version of Clair. And more of Porter also.

Last edited:
Reactions: CatManTrue
Northern Illinois is giving #8 Kentucky a game.

That makes our defeat to Southern Illinois less painful, right?

Our run game has hit a wall since Rowley went down. Opponents are also sniffing out screens easier.

And there’s another fumble. This team needs a “Come to Jesus” moment.

Northern Illinois is giving #8 Kentucky a game.

That makes our defeat to Southern Illinois less painful, right?
Being tied with a MAC team playing with a backup quarterback isn't a very good sign of things to come. The only way Fitz and co can come clean and stop our bitching is to come out and blow Miami away then come out and win his first couple BIG games, but I think I have a better chance at bedding a Playmate at this point. Not a very focused team right now and that is straight up coaching. You will have to totally clean house to be honest and to do that Fitz will have to go. Northwestern needs a guy that has rebuilt a team from scratch, that is hungry, and wants to win. Fitz just seems to want a nice big check. I guess it was Hankwitz that was behind the blue collar mentality with the D being the ❤️ of the team.

Coach Barnett’s teams did well returning punts. Where did Fitz pick up this awful philosophy?

“Gallagher a couple steps was behind” so he is getting closer

Sorry our LB play is pathetic
Agreed that it’s likely scheme related but it’s week after week after week now so when does scheme or personnel change?

Reactions: NUCat320
Kirtz was right there at the sticks. Hilinski flat out missed him. Need to see Sullivan.

Why are we going back to not fielding punts and giving up 10-25 yards of field position? There are so many things wrong with this team, someone needs to be accountable. We used to look for ways to get an advantage, now we look like we expect the other team to let us win...our coaches lack the edge...another blocked punt now. What is the excuse for failure in every aspect of the game?

Because we have a head coach who is from the Woody Hayes school of passing.
That, a little bit, but we have even moreso failed to develop. Hillinski is a lauded recruit and so was HJ. We can't teach anybody anything apparently. Even Thorson failed to really improve much, although that was also impacted by scheme and personell.

Poor all around coaching in all 3 phases. What a disaster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT