ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for Michigan State vs. Northwestern

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
Northwestern (10-3, 1-1 Big Ten) hosts Michigan State (9-5, 1-2 Big Ten) at Welsh-Ryan Arena at 6:30 p.m. tonight. The game will air on BTN.

The Wildcats are in desperate need of a win after a 30-point loss at Illinois. This is the first home game of 2024, students are packing their sections and tickets are sold out.

30 minutes prior and the students sections are filling up. Traffic and parking wasn’t bad coming in, so I must have beat the rush.

Reports on Twitter that Hunger will be starting. (I will, sadly, be watching on a delay after the fact.)

Those two late threes...if I were rooting for the other team, my TV screen would have a hole in it right now. Both were great recoveries by NU, so I'm thrilled, but they were crazy plays that it seemed like MSU should have been able to control. Go Cats!

• Haha
Reactions: drewjin and TheC
Collins did a good job making the change. So far doing a great job using the media timeouts,etc to get players rest.

Reactions: drewjin
Hunger is, right now, our best 5. And it’s not even close.

I like that he started. I still have PTSD from 2 seasons ago seeing things not working over and over again and just repeating the same old over and over again.
Worst that can happen is that the other guys wake up and play better than him (meaning that will be ok)

Reactions: GatoLouco
For those out of the building, Brendan Sullivan and Devin Turner helped out with set up and tear down of the halftime show, which was singer and NU cross country runner Ava Earl.

Loving Hunger and his enthusiasm. I feel like Preston does a lot of the right things, but he's just too slow out there. Have a feeling he could be a coach someday, and hopefully he's kind of a coach on the floor, but I just wish he didn't get beat so often. Nicholson...I hope he gets his game together. NU will need him against Purdue and a lot of other Big Ten foes this year.

Reactions: drewjin
Didn't like Boo's bricked three-point attempt a moment ago (not just the result, but the shot itself), but he's allowed I suppose after making the shot right before that (nice pass to him too - Martinelli, right?)

The team is playing really well together tonight. They just need to keep it up for 10 more minutes.

Reactions: NUCat320
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT