ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for The Hat Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to disagree but the product on the field is not even worthy of College athletics
With this game, I now can say that my undergrad alma mater Eastern Michigan would beat the Cats. This is really a sad day. The next week or two will be interesting in Evanston.

Even Fitz has given up going for it 4th and 5 at own 40 early 2h with our putrid offense. Let's just give Illinois another short field.

guess practice wasn't that great this week it is not translating into game time play

I like the continued effort that I see on the field. But Fitz need to blow up everything or, if he won't, he needs to be blown up himself. Let the $$ people at NU make it work but get rid of this shit.

Except #2 - I mean, just 7 days ago Illinois was a game ending FG away from beating Mich in the Big House so I’m not sure it is a conclusion that Mich will beat them by 30 on a neutral field. I think Illinois is coasting right now, playing bend don’t break defense.

Agree let’s put Lausch in there just to see what he’s got.
Well... Michigan was clearly looking ahead in that game. They also sat nearly half their team to get them healthy for OSU. I expect a rematch will be ugly.

I’m watching the Indians-Purdue game on BTN (NU game not available) and I find it interesting that the announcers have not mentioned the NU-Illinois game, which is also being broadcast on BTN. No one cares.
Because the outcome is a foregone conclusion

Embarrassing. But we have seen way, way worse. Just not for a long time. Not many of us left alive to tell of it.

Fitz is looking very disappointed. If now he has the cojones to turn this program upside down, there is a greater chance for a bright future. If not, next season could be even worse than this, and if so, how will he recruit at all? Looking forward to next week's press conference.

Reactions: drewjin
Except #2 - I mean, just 7 days ago Illinois was a game ending FG away from beating Mich in the Big House so I’m not sure it is a conclusion that Mich will beat them by 30 on a neutral field. I think Illinois is coasting right now, playing bend don’t break defense.

Agree let’s put Lausch in there just to see what he’s got.
Fourth quarter, try new QB....

Reactions: drewjin
I still will believe it when I see it. For the sake of Northwestern football, I pray there are changes. But I could certainly imagine Fitz doing nothing.
If he does nothing then my condolences to those trying to sell tickets…

There's no sugar coating how far the program fell this year.

This game is an encapsulation of the season.

This is a Dark Ages team. Even Fitz has to be able to see that. Can't point to 2018/2020 after a debacle like this year.

I have to believe a major shakeup is coming on Fitz's staff. There's no redeeming factor here to avoid calling this the worst year in the modern era by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT