ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for The Hat Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then Fitz becomes the laughingstock of the nation, and his team will be lost...we will have one more year of misery...but even NU will not stand for this much longer...
The college football universe is made up of glamor program jock sniffer TV analysts. I guarantee Fitz will face ZERO external pressure because they all think Northwestern isn't supposed to win at all. Any pressure for change has to come from within, namely Pat Ryan and the other major donors.

Last edited:
Sad, stubborn Fitz. Made no changes after last season's 47-14 beating by Illannoys and now it's getting the same beating. Damn you Fitz.
A worse beating. We may lose by 47+ to 0.

But the joke’s on Illannoy if Purdue wins! Then Purdoodoo will play in Indianapolis and Illannoy will be resting for their bowl game after this pounding.

• Love
Reactions: drewjin
And the players, too. They came to play today. That has been consistent all year. The defense has been good—it is just really tough to sustain when you have a completely undermanned and ineffective offense.
What? Credit both the coaches and players? So who gets the blame for sucking?

The college football universe is made up of glamor program jock sniffer TV analysts. I guarantee Fitz will ZERO external pressure because they all think Northwestern isn't supposed to win at all. Any pressure for change has to come from within, namely Pat Ryan and the other major donors.
It’s not just the media that have low expectations. The vast majority of alumni do as well. There couldn’t be more than 5,000 people walking the earth that care enough to think Fitz should ever be on the hot seat.

This is a game out of the Dark Ages.

What will the admin do to address this fiasco of a program? It’s an embarrassment.
NU is 7-29 in 2019, 2021, and 2022. Offense and Defense is a joke and needs a total overhaul. Not just new coordinators, new schemes, need to participate in NIL and I wouldn’t be against moving on from Fitz. It’s not popular but he’s way too comfortable. He had only fired 1 coach (McCall) in his 17 years. Fitz should have another 20+ wins in his NU career easy.

What? Credit both the coaches and players? So who gets the blame for sucking?
100% COACHES. NU’s recruiting has been middle of the road in the Big10 the last 10+ years. I’m sick and tired of hearing people blame players and talent. It’s on coaching to develop players. Why do none of the 4star players perform at NU and a 5 star QB doesn’t plan out?

Just imagine Fitz, telling these poor kids all week, that they could win this game if they could just get their eyes in the right place.
It’s tough to win with wandering eyes. On the other hand, giving the starting QB job to whoever wins a staring contest is equally perilous.

The IHSA championship games are much more entertaining than watching NU today.

And the players, too. They came to play today. That has been consistent all year. The defense has been good—it is just really tough to sustain when you have a completely undermanned and ineffective offense.
NU has had a limp noodle offense for years, with a few bright spots. NU has been all defense since Hank came aboard. Herein lies Fitz's failure. I take a different view of last year and this. Defensive lapses at the wrong times have taken the air out of a fragile offense, rendering them ineffective. The consistent theme for these past two years, however, is that coaching on both sides of the ball has been horseshit. If Fitz cannot see that, he's done.

• Love
Obtuse? Obdurate?
a
: lacking sharpness or quickness of sensibility or intellect : INSENSITIVE, STUPID
He is too obtuse to take a hint.
b
: difficult to comprehend : not clear or precise in thought or expression
It is also, unfortunately, ill-written, and at times obtuse and often trivial.

Why on earth does anyone think things will change next week, next month or next year? The btn money keeps rolling in , the fat cats have assured a new stadium and the Olympic sports are top of the table. And our program is clean. How many applicants will drop NU from their top school because our revenue sports suck? Fitz is such a great icon for us that no one begrudges his salary. Everything best in this best of all possible worlds. C'mon Gragg, prove me wrong.

Why on earth does anyone think things will change next week, next month or next year? The btn money keeps rolling in , the fat cats have assured a new stadium and the Olympic sports are top of the table. And our program is clean. How many applicants will drop NU from their top school because our revenue sports suck? Fitz is such a great icon for us that no one begrudges his salary. Everything best in this best of all possible worlds. C'mon Gragg, prove me wrong.
The football program is not clean. Players are currently being sold a bill of goods in terms of accountability for their success.

• Love
Today in the pregame interview with Eanet, Fitz blamed turnovers. He's either playing possum or he's that obtuse.
If it is the later, he needs to get canned. It is obvious then that he is out to lunch. But to be fair, Fitz has to be embarrassed and freaking out with this, but still no excuse for what we have witnessed this season.

If it is the later, he needs to get canned. It is obvious then that he is out to lunch. But to be fair, Fitz has to be embarrassed and freaking out with this, but still no excuse for what we have witnessed this season.
If it were only THIS season, there would be room for patience. This is now THREE terrible seasons.

Last edited:
What odds would you give for Freeman winning the starting QB job in camp?
Better than one would think. Hilinski isn't going to. Sullivan may not recover from injuries. Freeman is a walk on in his 2nd game, against a good team.

That's how bad the QB situation is

Reactions: mcgurgmv
Better than one would think. Hilinski isn't going to. Sullivan may not recover from injuries. Freeman is a walk on in his 2nd game, against a good team.

That's how bad the QB situation is
Lausch looked okay today. Praying Fitz is not saying to himself, "now we're gonna be okay at QB", and drag everyone through another 1-11 season believing all else is fine. Freeman may prove a good QB, but for Pete's sake, he was thrown into a situation he wasn't prepared for (who is that on?). Here's the plan--Fitz needs to replace Bajakian and O'Neil and Springer, for starters, hire the best and brightest new coordinators he can find, go to admissions and tell them he needs the players he wants, and then allow his new coordinators, who are not Fitz sycophants, to do what they do. If not this, then Fitzzle.

If it were only THIS season, there would be room for patience. This is now THREE terrible seasons.
Like I have stated previously many times during the season, this collapse of the program is unprecedented in all my years of following NCAA football. Any collapses were due to sanctions or suspensions handed down by the NCAA. Yeah, the collapse of Michigan post Carr comes close, but the Wolverines were still competitive. This is a frigging joke! Losing to FCS teams? Not having one decent QB? I think Louis needs to start thinking about a new job. If Fitz doesn't take a wrecking ball to his staff and offensive scheme, I think Mr. Vaccher will get too embarrassed covering this team. All this $$$$ poured into the program and it would be a second tier team in the MAC. This program is an awful joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT