ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Iowa vs. Northwestern

I would say a half decent chance to win out. Purdue is god awful, and Whisky isn't what they used to be. Illinois will be a real challenge though. I was hoping Bajakian might rev up the offense from today through the end of the season, but he sucks. Bajakian and Anderson need to go ASAP. We really have some nice offensive skilled players. What a waste behind such a useless offensive line.

1) “Possible” in ASAP isn’t until after the season.

2) We “have some nice offensive skilled players?” Very pedestrian for P5 football, maybe slightly better than we have had in the recent past.

Loved the way we fought today. This team definitely can win the next three. Braun should be our next HC. And I agree with most here. Clean the house. Let Braun bring his people here.

Clean the house, YES.
Braun should be our next HC, and bring his people in....

Are you out of your mind?!? CLEAN HOUSE. New coaching staff, new approach. We absolutely need to start over....

.... I seriously doubt that'll happen though. Much more likely we'll keep Braun, and win 3 games a year for quite a while. You want that shit??

No thanks. I just cannot stomach impotent offensive football. Can't take it. Boring. Waste of time. No fun.

Look, I'm just venting right now. Yeah we're playing and competing hard and we're SO much better on defense.... good for Braun, yes. But we are GARBAGE on offense. I hate it. BARF.

I just don't have anything else good to say about our football team until we get a real offense. And I just can't see that happening until we get a whole new regime.

Last edited:
1) “Possible” in ASAP isn’t until after the season.

2) We “have some nice offensive skilled players?” Very pedestrian for P5 football, maybe slightly better than we have had in the recent past.
After the season is sort of implied as the other assistant coaches on offense are not very good either. We do have some nice skilled players, but they are playing with a horrible line and a very unimaginative coordinator, so what can we expect.

Reactions: KappaKat
Clean the house, YES.
Braun should be our next HC, and bring his people in....

Are you out of your mind?!? CLEAN HOUSE. New coaching staff, new approach. We absolutely need to start over....

.... I seriously doubt that'll happen though. Much more likely we'll keep Braun, and win 3 games a year for quite a while. You want that shit??

No thanks. I just cannot stomach impotent offensive football. Can't stand it. Boring. Waste of time. No fun.

Look, I'm just venting right now. Yeah we're playing and competing hard and we're SO much better on defense.... good for Braun, yes. But we are GARBAGE on offense. I hate it. BARF.

I just don't have anything else good to say about our football team until we get a real offense. And I just can't see that happening until we get a whole new regime.
You don't approve of our defense and the hearts poured in by our players? Braun is our coach for the next 10 years in my opinion. I appreciate your post however and I understand how you feel.

You don't approve of our defense and the hearts poured in by our players? Braun is our coach for the next 10 years in my opinion. I appreciate your post however and I understand how you feel.
Braun just needs to bring in a very innovative OC and I think the team will be back to its winning ways. Of course get a real offensive line coach. An offense is only as good as its line.

Braun just needs to bring in a very innovative OC and I think the team will be back to its winning ways. Of course get a real offensive line coach. An offense is only as good as its line.
Braun is obviously a good defensive coach. He should be retained if he agrees.
But he doesn't have "people" to bring in.

Thats gonna be the domain of Gragg (bad) Schill (horrifying) and Skip Holtz (laughable).

Probably should just do the right thing and bring Fitzgerald back.

"Um, Patrick, would a heartfelt public apology suffice?"

• Haha
Reactions: NUCat320
Braun is obviously a good defensive coach. He should be retained if he agrees.
But he doesn't have "people" to bring in.

Thats gonna be the domain of Gragg (bad) Schill (horrifying) and Skip Holtz (laughable).

Sure he will(have people to bring in). A young up and coming OC or OC candidate would jump for a shot at being an OC in the BIG. How do you think my uncle landed Pete Carroll as his OC at Iowa St. then OSU? Earle knew talent and knew when to take a risk, as he wanted to win and build a program. Braun needs to figure out what he wants in terms of an offensive system and get a young guy that can bring it to him. He couldn't do any worse than Fitz had done. Fitz ended up a joke. The ridiculous money NU has and will cough up will keep Fitz on easy street, which is good, as his coaching rep is in tatters.

NU just played its first worth-watching November game since 2020. Fitz’s players had given up, and Fitz was disinterested and unwilling to change and grumpy.

Can you believe Anderson and Bajakian and Genyk are still on staff? Cost NU the game, didn’t they?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT