ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern @ Rutgers

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
The season is finally here! Northwestern kicks off its 2023 campaign at Rutgers at SHI Stadium in Piscataway, N.J. The game will be broadcast nationally on CBS, starting at 11 am CT. Stadium clock projects kickoff to be 11:08 CT.

Pregame coverage: So much talk about hazing, no talk about 1-11 in 2022. I’ll take it!

GO CATS GO CATS GOOOOOOOOOO

MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I’ve never liked replay. 😢

I thought the Cats were about to pull off a Hankwitz’s bend-don’t-break classic.

Good news? No doubt, Bajakian’s been unleashed. GO CATS GO CATS GO!

Dropped INT. Gave up a 4th down conversion. But not quite as bad as JON ball. Let’s see if they can settle down. And also if we can strike back on O.

Reactions: drewjin
I’ve never liked replay. 😢

I thought the Cats were about to pull off a Hankwitz’s bend-don’t-break classic.

Good news? No doubt, Bajakian’s been unleashed. GO CATS GO CATS GO!
What did we ever do without it? Too bad! 2 for 2 on 4th down.

Good arm for Bryant. He missed Johnson because the throw was high and behind the receiver. Not a great sign on a relatively short route.

Porter had an extra hop in his step. 🤞 that he’s healthy and confident.

It would be nice if we could actually get a stop on 4th down. Geez.

Saka (#42) had a really nice QB pressure.

Then he was in position to make another play but they ran it the other way on 3rd down.

Go Anto Go!

Reactions: drewjin and Go Catz
Can't stop the run, can't get pressure on the QB. We're just waiting for their QB to miss.

How in the hell do you have them behind the sticks and don't, at the least, show blitz. Malfeasance.

How many plays have we run on the entire first quarter I think it's just five. At this rate we are in big trouble.

Too vanilla on D. Need to make the QB uncomfortable. Otherwise it’s death by 1000 cuts.

Time of possession 13.36 for Rutgers and 1.24 for NU.
33 plays run for Rutgers and 5 for NU.

I wasn't really expecting much, but wow that's terrible....

How in the hell do you have them behind the sticks and don't, at the least, show blitz. Malfeasance.
NU came with six on 3rd and 10, and all six wound up in their backs.

This program has been pretty bad for several years.

• Sad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT