ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern vs. Maryland

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
Northwestern (19-8, 10-6 Big Ten) is on the road after their 'bye week' to play at Maryland (15-13, 7-10 Big Ten). The game will air on BTN.

The Wildcats are looking for their 20th win of the season and a season sweep of the Terrapins, but will likely be without starting shooting guard Ryan Langborg, who did not dress for warm ups.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
I’m sure this is carryover from the Michigan game… when he came back in… but consider me quite concerned. Perhaps Collins looking at 2-2 and a healthy Borg given the Roper situation last year. UGH. We can still win this though. Almost beat Rutgers without him. Need Brooks to step up above all.

Northwestern (19-8, 10-6 Big Ten) is on the road after their 'bye week' to play at Maryland (15-13, 7-10 Big Ten). The game will air on BTN.

The Wildcats are looking for their 20th win of the season and a season sweep of the Terrapins, but will likely be without starting shooting guard Ryan Langborg, who did not dress for warm ups.
Oh my, now I really don’t want to read the game thread

This is the kind of game that we can without Langborg since Maryland is pretty weak offensively outside of Young. Gotta make it ugly and Boo’s going to have one of his great games.

This is a big injury though. No way around it. Hopefully he is back Saturday. With the way Iowa can score, we can’t afford losing him for that one too.

I am believing less. It’s normal offense suffers ,but we can’t get anything fluid. At all. Neither can Maryland but I expect them, at some point, to go on a run.

Both offenses look bad right now. Some of that is defense, but not all of it.

Barnhizer needs to step up and have a great offensive game. Need to see more of him asserting himself

Anytime young has the ball they call a follow. Who has the ball and he gets clobbered and they don't call one. I guess young is the Superstar of this league.

Barnhizer needs to step up and have a great offensive game. Need to see more of him asserting himself
He's taken just one shot. I'm glad he made it, and he's doing a lot of other things well, but yeah, NU can use his offense too.

He must’ve heard you, he finished the half strong. I’ll take a five point lead at halftime but it feels it could’ve been more.

Reactions: SmellyCat
I know Jahmir is drawing a lot of fouls and scoring a lot from the line, but you have to tip your hat to Smith and company for holding him to just one field goal.

That said, he did most of his damage last game in the second half (I think 28 points), so NU still has a lot of work to do.

Going to come down to which side wears down first

Maryland is 1 of 14 on three point shots. They'll start hitting some eventually. NU needs to be aggressive and get the Terps in foul trouble. Get into the bonus early.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT