ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread?

NU Houston

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2010
OK, I'll start. Underthrown pass on what could have been a TD. Cats proceed to waste the opportunity by missing a FG.

Look, I know we’re not facing a juggernaut, but defense looking a lot more sound early on here. Nothing easy for Rutgers. Good sign…though losing the field position battle early with Rutgers playing with the wind at their back.

Look, I know we’re not facing a juggernaut, but defense looking a lot more sound early on here. Nothing easy for Rutgers. Good sign…though losing the field position battle early with Rutgers playing with the wind at their back.
Duke's not a juggernaut either, but we made them look like one.

Clair (I think) wanted that ball really bad. Excellent play by Hilinski to pull and fire.

He’s got a nice arm - has been a little off target, but I love the way he throws.

IT’S HALFWAY THROUGH THE FIRST QUARTER AND COMPETITIVE!!

I hope they start to pass first then run. Keeping them off balance will get the run game going. It is so nice to have both a qb and great receivers that compliment each other. If the D can get straightened out, there is indeed hope for the season!

Anyone else's feed keep cutting in and out? I have Comcast and it's brutal right now. Almost as if it's buffering every 15 seconds

Coach Jake is staring to look like McCall - ALWAYS runs the first two plays and nearly always ends up 3rd and long. That's gotta be Fitz' orders. Things could be better if NU mixed it up more.
It is better to pass first to open up the run usually. Our line is not great, so you need to keep the defense guessing. If Fitz wants to get the program going again, the ball control philosophy has to at least be modified.

Coach Jake is staring to look like McCall - ALWAYS runs the first two plays and nearly always ends up 3rd and long. That's gotta be Fitz' orders. Things could be better if NU mixed it up more.
We need to establish the running game, which isn't happening so far.

As I wrote this, they call a first down pass (to Jefferson!).

Hilinski under constant pressure and overthrowing and under throwing after a good start

Reactions: drewjin
Certainly better than other first quarters this year. Still feels like the offense/field goal unit is leaving too many points off the board.

Purdue and Minnesota remain on the schedule, too. NU is pretty good — competitive, anyway — against totally incompetent offenses, it appears.

GO U, NU!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT