ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread

Great win! Started out looking like last year, but we have the promise of a solid offense to go with a great defense!

Amazing game. Defense played out of this world. The season looks alot different after that performance

Well worth every penny I spent coming in for this game. Dominating defense. Lock down corners. Stingy qb. Bruising running back.
95 anyone?
Go Cats!

thats 3 high snaps by North

He was all over the place with his snaps today. I don't know how you run timing plays well and consistently with poor shotgun snapping like that. He has the ability to kill plays before they even start, and he's going to need to pick up his game. I'm glad it was as obvious on TV as it was inside the stadium.

Yes, and this was supposed to be a good offensive team.

I am still worried about the offense, notably the line play. The Cats beat up on a very green front seven, but that's going to change. Four of the first five conference games are against above average defensive fronts, something Stanford cannot claim, and Nebraska and Penn State both possess a duo of NFL tackles.

That said, the skills are what excites me. JJ is a national talent IMO, he just lacks the benefit of a big program and actual Power Five offensive line (in 2014, and we'll see). Really like Long's potential as well. Vitale is a solid college h-back, despite his dropsies... I also think the wideouts, while not any one dominant player, have a better overall skill set in their roles than last season. Such a group is susceptible however if opponents can take away even a few of those roles.

As for Thorson, I'm a huge fan, follwoed him as a prep. His reads and reaction will improve, talent as a QB otherwise is great for his development.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT